My new 12-Step Program

Old November 2nd 05, 06:40 PM
Tina

Default My new 12-Step Program

As much as I hated too, I realized it was time. The first step to
overcoming a problem, is realizing and admitting that there is one.
Quilting has definitely become a problem in my life - as in, there
aren't enough hours in the day to sew everything I want to sew, I don't
have enough money to buy all the fabric I want to buy and there isn't
enough space (in two houses) to put all the sewing stuff, fabric,
cutting space, sewing machines, etc. that I am sure I need to have.

Please join me, let us support each other in our weaknesses. Let us
hold hands together round this cyber quilt frame as we recite:

1. I admitted that I am powerless over quilt shops - that my fabric
stash has become unmanageable.

2. I came to believe that a quilt shop greater than JoAnn's could
restore me to sanity.

3. I made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of
the Queen of Fabrics, as I understood Her.

4. I made a searching and fearless moral inventory of my fabric stash
and realized I have three of some fabrics.

5. I admitted to RCTQ, to myself, and to my husband, the exact nature
of my need for more fabric, sewing notions and a long arm.

6. I was entirely ready to have the Queen of Fabrics remove all
non-cotton, quilting quality fabrics from my stash.

7. I humbly asked Her to remove my near-sightedness, as it affected my
cutting perfection.

8. I made a list of all persons I had not yet made a quilt project
for, and became willing to make quilts for them all.

9. I made directories and databases to include all the quilty people I
knew, wherever possible, except when to do so would minimize my actual
sewing time.

10. I continued to take fabric inventory and when I discovered a color
I didn't own, promptly ran out to buy it.

11. I sought through prayer and meditation to improve my sewing,
piecing and hand quilting skills, as I understood them, praying only
for knowledge of new, better and faster techniques, and the power to
carry them out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of quilting, I
tried to carry this message to others with the same addiction, and to
practice the principles of great quilting, exhuberant chocolate sharing
and copious fabric swapping, in all my affairs.

Hugs to all my wonderfully addicted quilty friends!
Tina, (removing tongue from cheek now)

Old November 2nd 05, 07:06 PM
Kellie J. Berger

so Tina, you are trying to perfect your addiction and not get over it i
hope
and would that personal trainer for keeping up with the show give a price
brake for more ppl? I could use some toning up after the flu goes away
and i get my car back....

-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com
www.kjbeanne.com/kellie.htm

oups.com...

Old November 2nd 05, 07:10 PM
D Curtis

Problem? Weakness?? I dont *think* so.
The rest of it.. what a HOOT! Thanks!
Diana

Old November 2nd 05, 07:11 PM
Marlys in Indiana

I love it, but what is this 12 step program supposed to accomplish??
(Also sitting with tongue in cheek as I mentally fondle all of my
stash which is not really over powering in size, but it is my stash
and will probably increase as the need arises and the need arises
mentally on a daily basis. Does this constitute addiction??)
Marlys in Indiana

oups.com...

Old November 2nd 05, 07:15 PM
Tina

Oh Kellie! NOOOooooooo! I hope I didn't infect YOU?!?!?!?

Yep, we definitely need to look into that group rate for IQF Training!
LOL

Hugs, and passing the tissues,
Tina, who is NOT getting over her addiction, only improving on it

Old November 2nd 05, 07:18 PM
Tina

Kelliiiiiiiieeeeee....uh, what do you MEAN, "after I get my car back"?

Tina

Old November 2nd 05, 07:39 PM
Sharon Harper

I'm in - when's our first meeting? I'll bring the chocolate cake/anzac
bickies/sweet chili cheese dip and crackers whatever....

quicker)

oups.com...

Old November 2nd 05, 08:11 PM
Tina

Ok Sharon - I think instead of getting "chips" when we show up for our
Q.A. meeting - we should each get a FQ. Right? So, we each bring a
FQ, to swap?

Then yes, we will also need snacks and bevvies. I'll bring the punch
(unspiked) and the "spike" for anyone who wants to add it on the side.
winks I just don't see how chocolate cake is going to be enough to
keep us going Sharon, geez.

So who is bringing the chocolate bars?
Who is bringing the chocolate chip cookies? (oops, stupid question -
sorry Nancy)
Who is bringing the hot chocolate? (hmm, should I share my Godiva Hot
Chocolate Mix?)

Door prizes! Every good meeting has door prizes! I"ll have to work on
that one!

And of course, the most "reformed" Quilter Anonymous, should be given a
"prize" at each meeting. Let's see.....

Hugs,
Tina

Old November 2nd 05, 08:58 PM
QuiltsWithCatFur

Tina, you Have to copywrite that so that you get kudos when every quilt
guild on earth wants to put it in the newsletter. You created that
yourself, right? It's phenomenally good.

cydni

Old November 2nd 05, 09:22 PM
Tina

geez, yes, I just took the AA 12-steps and reworded them to suit my
current state of affairs! LOL
Not sure you can copyright that!

Hugs,
Tina