OT - The Horrible Siblings do it again!

Old December 21st 04, 09:45 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default OT - The Horrible Siblings do it again!

Just had a call from my sis. Seems that the 'offer' from the HS,
transmitted via attorney wasn't exactly as concrete (we'll move on to other
uses of concrete shortly!!!) as the HS had present it. In other words,
offer made with no loan or financing in place to back it up. Now, it's
December, Mike's been off work for more than six months now, they just put
him on half-pay a week earlier than they said and I get a call to say that
now the HS want me to agree to 'sell' them part of the property for a dollar
so they can 'own' it for mortgage purposes, after which they'll get a loan
and buy me out.

Duh?

I wait six months to be stuffed by them? Imagine if you will (cue Twilight
Zone music) a house on an island, siblings signing the papers and then
laughing at me because they now legally own the property and I am S*** outta
luck for my money.

My friend used to say 'I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last
night.'

So, here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat, but not a bean in
sight. And a paycheck shorted by almost 25% less than a week before
Christmas. Well, if I wasn't laughing, I'd cry, ya know. But the HS have
just been told, pay up in CASH by Jan 31 or I put the flippin' property on
eBay. Now, that could be a laugh, writing the auction description for that
one.

Oh, yeah, concrete. The deepest part of the lake is well over head
height.....

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 21st 04, 11:20 PM
Stephanie

snip

and I get a call to say that
now the HS want me to agree to 'sell' them part of the property for a dollar
so they can 'own' it for mortgage purposes, after which they'll get a loan
and buy me out.

-Su

That is absurd beyond words...

I am sorry that all this crap is happening at the same time. I keep you in my
wishes I send to the powers that be.

..Stephanie.

Gotta Question?
Google: rec.craft.bead
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

Old December 22nd 04, 12:29 AM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:45:25 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

Just had a call from my sis. Seems that the 'offer' from the HS,
transmitted via attorney wasn't exactly as concrete (we'll move on to other
uses of concrete shortly!!!) as the HS had present it. In other words,
offer made with no loan or financing in place to back it up. Now, it's
December, Mike's been off work for more than six months now, they just put
him on half-pay a week earlier than they said and I get a call to say that
now the HS want me to agree to 'sell' them part of the property for a dollar
so they can 'own' it for mortgage purposes, after which they'll get a loan
and buy me out.

Su, I really feel for you. If my father had not had to go into a
nursing home shortly before he died, we might have been in a similar
situation. As it was, he had to make a will and give someone a power
of attorney as part of the admissions process. He did not want to, but
we eventually persuaded him to give his power of attorney to the
brother-in-law we all trusted and also make him executor. My mother
was persuaded to do the same, so some dreadful power grab by the worst
HS in the family was averted (and believe me, she would have sneakily
manipulated my mother into something the rest of us would have
regretted). As it was, she made the job of my poor BIL really awful up
to and including harassing him about money the day his own mother
died.

--
Heather
Old December 22nd 04, 12:31 AM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:45:25 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

You should definitely insist that the property be sold. They have had
plenty of time to be reasonable about it.

((((((Su))))))

--
Heather
Old December 22nd 04, 12:55 AM
susiegibson

don't do anything they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old December 22nd 04, 01:16 AM
Christina Peterson

Never treat a sibling different from how you would treat any other person
you respect. Eg, would you sell Kathy NV your property for a dollar for
mortgage purposes? (She'd probably be a safer bet). Often it is even a
disservice for the one being helped (been there, done that -- 0n both
sides).

Tina

Old December 22nd 04, 03:15 AM
Cheryl

I get a call to say that
now the HS want me to agree to 'sell' them part of the property for a dollar
so they can 'own' it for mortgage purposes,

Your response should have been -

Wasn't it W.C Fields...who said "there's a sucker born every minute"?
yeah - well NOT THIS SUCKER!

gads --
I'd contact the attorney and tell him that there has been plenty of time to
sell - you want the property auctioned.

Depending on how long, and what state this is happening in - there are limits
on how long they have to complete the property transactions and estate (most
are one year -- which doesn't seem very fast - but can go by faster than people
think...) As I recall, this has dragged on pretty long.....
I'd be asking if the property is listed with a reputable real estate agent (if
not - then they are definitely trying to pull a fast one on how much is
realized from the final sale.)
Perhaps you should contact a lawyer here in the states (in their local
community) to represent your interests..... and let the lawyer know what is
going on, and what YOUR expectations are... it might cost you lawyer's fees -
but in the long run - you're more likely to come out ahead from the sounds of
the HS situation and the hanky panky they are trying to pull.

just my 2 cents worth as a lawyer... LOL

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 22nd 04, 07:17 AM
Dr. Sooz

Imagine, if you will........HS alone in said house, at night. A storm
pounds the nearby shore, the trees whipping wildly as gusts rip through
the sleepy hamlet. The lights go off -- a power outage seizing the
town in its blind grasp.

Suddenly, the wind dies. There is silence. TOTAL silence. The HS all
jump as the lights go back on. As usual, one of the greedy, grasping
morons runs to the fridge, needing the sustenance of a cold beer.
But.....THERE'S NOT A THING INSIDE. The fridge stands empty, cold and
desolate, taunting the thirsty slacker. He scratches his ugly head,
but.......HE CAN'T FEEL A THING. His head is.....NUMB.

The others realize with a shudder that there is no sound....no
sensation. The storm is utterly silent, and their flesh is devoid of
even the slightest feeling. What has happened to their small,
insulated world of self-interest? Could it be the hanta virus? Was it
that lemur bite?

Or are they all.....in the TWILIGHT ZONE?

Old December 22nd 04, 11:29 AM
Su/Cutworks

Sooz wrote:

[...]

ROFL.

Sounds about right. Their brains are numb to start with, this might finish
them off.

-Su