Photos from Classes Taught.

Old May 4th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Photos from Classes Taught.

This semester, I taught two chain maille classes and one seed bead & wire
jewelry class at the arts program, where I work. The kids range from about
10-15.. Yesterday was our last day, and our end of the year program for the
parents was last night. (Whew! Glad that's over.)

I thought you all might like to see some of my kids' projects:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/CMtable.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/EmilyStephanieCM.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/EricaMikaylaCM.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Kaelin1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Mikayla1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Emma1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Haley1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Sarah1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Stephanie1sm.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 5th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Band Mommy

On May 3, 10:45 pm, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
This semester, I taught two chain maille classes and one seed bead & wire
jewelry class at the arts program, where I work. The kids range from about
10-15.. Yesterday was our last day, and our end of the year program for the
parents was last night. (Whew! Glad that's over.)

I thought you all might like to see some of my kids' projects:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/CMtable.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/EmilyStephanieCM.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/EricaMikaylaCM.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Kaelin1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Mikayla1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Emma1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Haley1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Sarah1sm.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Stephanie1sm.jpg

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

Wow!! They did Great! Good on you as an instructor! Hope my little
group that meets every couple of months can be interested in doing
more than just quickie earring and bracelet projects.
Thanks for posting the photos...they will inspire us to dust off our
skills and get creating too!
Karole a.k.a Band Mommy
Old May 5th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Karole!

And unlike my own child, the kids think I'm "cool." Ok, it's probably
because I teach an elective and not one of the hard classes. I only have
two rules: they can talk as long as they're working, and they'd better NOT
be talking when I'm talking.

Old May 5th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 4, 4:01 pm, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
Thanks, Karole!

Agree with Karole. I'll never get that far ...

And unlike my own child, the kids think I'm "cool." Ok, it's probably

Not sure about mine, but she told me when she was in high school
that her friends thought I was.

because I teach an elective and not one of the hard classes. I only have
two rules: they can talk as long as they're working, and they'd better NOT
be talking when I'm talking.

Reminds me of our daughter's social studies teacher in her freshman
year in high school. One day she came home saying she was sitting
in the front of the class now. When I was in school school that
never meant a good thing so I asked about what she had done, but
she replied that the teacher had decided for the rest of the semester
she was going to treat herself to not having to yell and got all the
students who were paying attention to the front and the noisy ones
to the back. If you have some that won't shut up, maybe you can do
the same :-)

Maren
Maren Purves
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Old May 5th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Nah, they were really a well behaved bunch. I only had to remind them a
couple of times to be quiet when I was talking.

I had one that whined a little bit about not liking chain maille, which I
thought was kind of funny because the rest of the kids loved it. I've had
some that have taken my wire jewelry class and my Egyptian collars class
last year, and they thought chain maille was so much easier.

This girl was GREAT in my Egyptian collars class, but is just not crazy
about chain maille. She was getting on my nerves, so finally I told her to
go talk to the director of the program and get moved to another class. I
think she likes me, so she didn't want to change. Her parents hunted me
down at the end of year program because they just had to meet me after
hearing so much about me all year. Lol.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 7th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Beautiful work from all of them. Their projects are a tribute to your
skill as a teacher. Wish I was close enough so I could sneak into
your classes!!

Mj

Old May 8th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Mj!!

I had a lot of fun with the kids. They've asked me to teach next year, so
I'm trying to figure out what will work well for the kids.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com