Another cute Baby Sweater!

Old June 9th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Default Another cute Baby Sweater!

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
I was checking one of my fave online stores and they had a pattern
contest......this sweater is really neat:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...estoChango.asp
That is so neat and it has a real vintage look to it. Lovely!

Murielle

Old June 9th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Bernadette" wrote in message
DAB wrote:

I was checking one of my fave online stores and they had a pattern
contest......this sweater is really neat:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...estoChango.asp

That is a lovely baby sweater.

What struck me when I saw it is that it is such a sensible (as well as
charming) design. It could be made with a couple of spare front panels
so that when the baby dribbles it would be easy to change the front
panel and not have to keep popping the little one in and out of
different sweaters.

I know it's a long time since I've had a baby around so wondered
whether this would be a practical suggestion?

Bernadette

--

I think it's a wonderful suggestion! Extra panels could be done in
different colours to give the baby some fashion choices.

I love the idea!

Murielle

Old June 10th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Bernadette wrote:
DAB wrote:

I was checking one of my fave online stores and they had a pattern
contest......this sweater is really neat:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...estoChango.asp

That is a lovely baby sweater.

What struck me when I saw it is that it is such a sensible (as well as
charming) design. It could be made with a couple of spare front panels
so that when the baby dribbles it would be easy to change the front
panel and not have to keep popping the little one in and out of
different sweaters.

I know it's a long time since I've had a baby around so wondered
whether this would be a practical suggestion?

That is a great idea Bernadette.....would be cute for different holidays
too.

Just had a thought - the 'bibs' could be made in different colours from the
body.

Mary

Old June 10th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

DAB wrote:

I was checking one of my fave online stores and they had a pattern
contest......this sweater is really neat:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...estoChango.asp

That is a lovely baby sweater.

What struck me when I saw it is that it is such a sensible (as well as
charming) design. It could be made with a couple of spare front panels
so that when the baby dribbles it would be easy to change the front
panel and not have to keep popping the little one in and out of
different sweaters.

I know it's a long time since I've had a baby around so wondered
whether this would be a practical suggestion?

Bernadette

--

I think it's a wonderful suggestion! Extra panels could be done in
different colours to give the baby some fashion choices.

Oh :-(

I posted my idea for this before I opened yours!

Mary

Old June 10th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
DAB wrote:

I was checking one of my fave online stores and they had a pattern
contest......this sweater is really neat:

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKn...estoChango.asp

That is a lovely baby sweater.

What struck me when I saw it is that it is such a sensible (as well
as charming) design. It could be made with a couple of spare front
panels so that when the baby dribbles it would be easy to change
the front panel and not have to keep popping the little one in and
out of different sweaters.

I know it's a long time since I've had a baby around so wondered
whether this would be a practical suggestion?

That is a great idea Bernadette.....would be cute for different
holidays too.

Just had a thought - the 'bibs' could be made in different colours
from the body.

Mary

Yes and it would be a neat way to try out different patterns.

Old June 10th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"DAB" Buckeye
wrote in message
Bernadette wrote:
DAB wrote:

[...]

Some of those neat patterns from the dishcloth or afghan squares websites
would be neat to use in the panels. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 14th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

DAB wrote:

[...]

Mary, great minds ... ;-)

Murielle

aran baby sweater Lucille Needlework 1 October 12th 05 02:09 AM
Cute baby quilt M Rimmer Quilting 6 May 1st 05 07:45 PM
Cute cross stitched baby bib on Ebay Ssnider5 Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 06:27 PM
Another cute baby jacket Kayrun Yarn 4 January 24th 04 02:57 AM