OT ..Decorating for the holidays

Old December 4th 04, 05:46 PM
Diana Curtis

Default OT ..Decorating for the holidays

The holidays lend themselves to gaudy and glitzy and I allow myself to do it
up with big. In the Christmas 2004 folder there are a few photos of things I
created for this year. If something catches your eye please let me know, Ill
be glad to share instructions, and frustrations!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos
Diana
--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 4th 04, 10:16 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I just love that you shared a little bit of your Christmas with us. It makes
me feel like I visited your home. Everything looks festive and fun. The
peguin is adorable, I like the Victorian feel of the poly-clay covered
baubles and the wreath is just plain gorgeous. You've inspired me to share
some of my Christmas.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Old December 4th 04, 10:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Thank you! All that was missing from your virtual tour was the mug of hot
cocoa with the mini marshmallows.
Im looking forward to seeing yours now.
:-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 5th 04, 02:27 AM
Christina Peterson

I love your decorations. Those balls with PC flowers and ribbons/ropes are
heirlooms, and the green and gold beads over dark ball is wonderful.

Tina

Old December 5th 04, 04:28 AM
Cheryl

Looks like you are "getting into the season" for sure!

Love the beaded ornament -- I keep promising to try one for myself...

but havent' done it yet....
another on my list of "to do someday" projects! LOL
Yours is very beautiful...

(PS love the tiny little hand holding the tiny penguin too.... G)

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 5th 04, 05:07 AM
Diana Curtis

Thank you so much, Tina. Its a wonderful thought to picture the ornaments
Ive made becoming part of peoples holiday traditions.
The beaded one, now that was fun! I must make MORE!! lol
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 5th 04, 05:10 AM
Diana Curtis

Thanks Cheryl, the little hand is my favorite thing in the tree...
constantly. I think she has taken the ornaments off every branch and moved
them elsewhere at least once. By elsewhere I mean the kitchen cupboard door
handles, the window sill...
The beaded ornament was something I always wanted to try but was to
intimidated to actually do. It turned out (once I got help figuring how to
replace the hex cuts with something I had already) a fairly easy project. I
wont mention how I forgot an entire part of each beginning drape and had to
redo the piece. :-)

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 5th 04, 05:29 AM
Mystified One

Ha! I was down at Target today and they had these cheap plastic ornament
drapes for $1.99. They were the EXACT SAME PATTERN as the ones *I* made
from seed and bugle beads. But mine looked better. Much better.

Old December 5th 04, 02:57 PM
Diana Curtis

There will always be people who seek out quality over quantity. Those are
the people who will value our work. The people who dont value the quality
can be educated, and those who cant be can still by the plastic ornaments
from Target. :-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Mystified One"
:

]Ha! I was down at Target today and they had these cheap plastic ornament
]drapes for $1.99. They were the EXACT SAME PATTERN as the ones *I* made
]from seed and bugle beads. But mine looked better. Much better.

**sigh**
now you know what most of us are up against.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old December 5th 04, 05:37 PM
Mystified One

That's also why I don't sell my art. I make it for me and as gifts. That's
it.

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Mystified One"
:

]Ha! I was down at Target today and they had these cheap plastic ornament
]drapes for $1.99. They were the EXACT SAME PATTERN as the ones *I* made
]from seed and bugle beads. But mine looked better. Much better.

**sigh**
now you know what most of us are up against.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
yahooID: vjean95967
Need dope? Grow your own - plant a man!

AD - Gearing up for the Holidays, And More Karen_AZ Beads 1 November 10th 04 03:34 PM
Happy and Safe Holidays Kandice Seeber Beads 14 January 5th 04 10:45 PM
Happy Holidays Sjpolyclay Beads 4 December 25th 03 03:38 PM
Happy Holidays everyone! Karen_AZ Beads 4 December 23rd 03 09:18 AM
AD - a couple more sets for the holidays.....lampwork Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 23rd 03 11:07 PM