Email change notice

Old October 23rd 04, 03:47 AM
SlinkyToy

Default Email change notice

Hi y'all. Over the next few weeks I'm going to make some changes in
my email accounts, and what account I use for what task.

The address I use for USENET receives approximately 1000 (yes, one
thousand) spam messages daily. I don't need to regrow my hair,
enlarge any of my body parts, obtain a diploma-mill doctorate,
purchase an imitation Rolex or replace my legal software with illegal
copies. Soooo, effective tomorrow I will no longer put my eyeballs on
any email sent to that account. I have to continue downloading the
email or the sysadmin who manages the server will nuke my account, but
I don't have to read it.

I will create a disposable Yahoo account and include the munged
address in my USENET posts so that folks have a way of getting in
touch with me off-list. At least until the quantity of spam becomes
intolerable, then I'll be on to a new disposable.

I'm also planning to abandon my (paid) rr.com address and create a new
one, which will not be distributed to anyone not currently in my
address book. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but THAT account is
receiving upwards of 5000 (yes, unfortunately, five thousand) spams
daily and it just takes too damned much time to check my junk folder
for things I *should* be keeping. As a result I've lost some messages
I didn't need to lose, and missed a great deal on some stuff related
to one of my other (non-fiber) obsessions.

So, if you need to get in touch and can't get a response through
email, post on the list.
Old October 23rd 04, 02:04 PM
Stella Fenley

Hi Slinky,
do you have mail washer to help sort out the junk mail
from your regular mail ,if so you right click and can put a check in the box
next to your good mail, check as friends then click on process mail and it
will automatic get rid of junk mail,when you(put a check in delete and
bounce on the junk mail.)
Then on when you get important mail it will have friend by it .
Thought I would share this with you just in case if you didn't have it.
Stella

Old October 24th 04, 01:16 AM
Katherine

Slinky,
You are in my address book now. SHould I get rid of that address or what?
Write me off-list with your suggestion.

Katherine

Old October 24th 04, 08:39 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Slinky Toy - I had that problem too until I found Hotmail has a very tight
spam filter - it will not let any mail through that is not in my address
book and so i do not get any spam at all. Just thought this may help God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old October 25th 04, 12:13 AM
Shillelagh

"Stella Fenley" wrote in message
Hi Slinky,
do you have mail washer to help sort out the junk mail
from your regular mail ,if so you right click and can put a check in the

box
next to your good mail, check as friends then click on process mail and it
will automatic get rid of junk mail,when you(put a check in delete and
bounce on the junk mail.)
Then on when you get important mail it will have friend by it .
Thought I would share this with you just in case if you didn't have it.
Stella

Stella, I use Mailwasher too, in addition to the filtering I can use with my
ISP. I used to get about 100 spams a day; I just can't even imagine it in
the thousands!!! Yeeeee Gaaawwwds!!! Between the Mailwasher and the ISP
filtering, I get about 4 spams a day. Much better than it used to be.

Shelagh