Quilting uses for a digital camera

Old December 27th 03, 04:14 PM
Jan Dunaway

Default Quilting uses for a digital camera

My Dear Hubby found a great new use for our digital camera today. We
were laying out DD's I Spy which has now been postponed to a Birthday
present since it wasn't done by Christmas. We were done when I
mentioned the one I made him fell off the design wall at this point and
I had to re-do the layout. He smiled and got the camera and took
several overlapping close ups. It's awesome! If I confused even in the
row, I can turn on the camera and get back on track! :-)

Jan

Old December 27th 03, 04:31 PM
AliceW

Want another use? Line up all your quilting books so the titles are all
facing the same direction and are in alphabetical order. Take a close-up
picture of the spines. You can either print out a photo or download the pix
to your Palm or what ever hand-held device you use. Now when you are in the
LQS and can't remember if you have that book, just take out your photo or
check your Palm or other hand-held device. You have an easy to use index.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

ink.net...

Old December 27th 03, 04:40 PM
Ann

Aren't digital's great: ) They are great for taking pictures in progress
and sharing here with your quilting friends.....hint hint

If you need to refer to your layout often on the camera why don't you print
the layout off and keep it handy beside you?

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky
newly posted table runner pics

Old December 27th 03, 04:47 PM
Jan Dunaway

Good point Ann! But I was on the toddler is occupied time table which I
didn't think allowed me time to print. Now that I have taken a break, I
can do that. She's allowed near the computer, but not in the quilting
room. Too much to find in there! ;-) I also need to do webshots instead
of my other home page.... earthlink still won't let me get to that to
update for whatever reason..... good thing hubby has a week off!

Jan

Old December 27th 03, 07:52 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Well done.

Another tip: when I'm collecting several pieces of fabric
from a "collection", I take a pic of what I have w/ the fabric
fanned out; I can put the print or the camera in my purse for reference,
update it when I get home. g

Ragmop/Sandy

Old December 27th 03, 09:40 PM
Bonnie

I just love my camera but for some reason it has stopped
talking to my computer. Must have DH check things out. Too
late to take photos of the quilts I made as gifts but
hopefully I'll be able to add photos of future projects to
my site.
Bonnie, the Quilt Lady
NJ

http://home.earthlink.net/~maebe43/

Old December 27th 03, 10:19 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I did that too when I did my quilts for the same reason!

I also use it when I layout fabrics for my crazy quilts cuz looking at the
quilts in a small picture will reveal unbalanced areas.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Jan Dunaway" wrote in message
ink.net...
My Dear Hubby found a great new use for our digital camera today. We
were laying out DD's I Spy which has now been postponed to a Birthday
present since it wasn't done by Christmas. We were done when I
mentioned the one I made him fell off the design wall at this point and
I had to re-do the layout. He smiled and got the camera and took
several overlapping close ups. It's awesome! If I confused even in the
row, I can turn on the camera and get back on track! :-)

Jan

---

Old December 27th 03, 11:10 PM
Diana Curtis

I like taking pics of fabrics too, to take them to the graphics program and
subject them to grey scale mode to see if they turn into one unrecognizable
blob or not.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old December 28th 03, 04:36 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
What did you decide on that last one you showed us, D?
More purple? Less? Yellow? Bees?

Ragmop/Sandy--love my digital camera