Pattern Mags

Old March 6th 04, 05:29 PM
Atom1

Default Pattern Mags

Ok, first off no flames, second I am typing with a broken arm- therefore no
sewing (right arm of course), but am learning to peck=pretty good don't ya
think :0)
Anyhoo- I want to extend an offer NOT FOR PROFIT- if anyone is intereseted
in the following mags that are available in Italy (France and Spain at
elevated costs). I would be happy to buy when I buy my copy and send to you
with the shipping (I'm nice not rich).
These are great for the novice, adventurous or multi lingual. They are
similar but advant garde from Italy (Milan has replaced Paris as the
forefront to fashion- probably by a nanosecond but 1st is 1st. eh?) Anyhow
I'm an American living overseas for the past 5 years due to DH job and am
going to take the same risk and while crossposting the same offer.
You can see how pricey they are by this website
http://www.enews-asia.com/magazines.asp?item=66 they are similar to Burda
mag patterns in that theyrequire tracing and seam allowances, you do need to
either be able to sew without instructions or be ableto speak Spanish,
French or English.
The best Euro is also available in Italy- Modellina 3.99, (Belgium
7.00,Spain 5.85). La Mia Boutique 4.10 (Belgium 8.50, Germany 10.00, Austria
9.10, spain 6.35) again those are Euro so the price would be about $10 us
for about 30 patterns women and men- these are very avant garde and a bonus
is sometimes you get a casa project or knitting/crocheting/craftsy thing.
They do have a few plus sizes too and even a special mag that is only plus
sizes if that all you want. Anyway if you have a body type that has been
describes as "European" bigger arms and thighs,shorter stature and bigger
bust- these are pretty cool.
I also pick up one tri-monthly called Atlier which just debuted.
If you are interested, I'd be happy to pick them up when I pick mine up.
Ciao,
Michelle

Old March 6th 04, 10:17 PM
Atom1

oh,Liz these are all in French, Spanish and Italian (onr copy has 3
columns). I get by using similar patterns instructions if I'm stuck. i
wish they came in english too, but alas it makes me practice reading my
Italian.
Ciao BTW- Burda has a plus size mag over here,also Italian but maybe GLP
has it?
Michelle
Italy

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in