Lettering on Stick

Old May 23rd 05, 04:15 AM
Rich

Default Lettering on Stick

I have a person who wants to put a Scripture Verse on a walking stick.

I know I can print the verse Vertically and then transfer the text to wood
stick.

I wanted to see a sample of this type of thing. Anyone done this and have a
web picture of it somewhere? Or can direct me to a Link?

In other words normally the Text is Horizontal and would look like;
Isaiah 53:5

But vertically it would be,

5
3
:
5

I'm not sure if the 53:5 part of this looks good. I want it Readable which
the vertical is but not sure if the " : " portion of it is clear.

Any idease?

Thanks,

Old May 23rd 05, 07:56 AM
Patrick

Two thin accent rings -- 53 - one ring - 3 --two more rings.

------
------
5
3
------
3
------
------

Maybe make the rings resemble vines or ivy?? Just what came to mind.

Patrick

Old June 7th 05, 12:20 AM
turtle

You might try drilling holes where you want the "colon" and paint the inside
of the hole black.
carver turt

Old June 7th 05, 08:57 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "turtle" contains these words:

"Rich" wrote in message

I have a person who wants to put a Scripture Verse on a walking stick.

I know I can print the verse Vertically and then transfer the text to wood
stick.

I wanted to see a sample of this type of thing. Anyone done this and have
web picture of it somewhere? Or can direct me to a Link?

In other words normally the Text is Horizontal and would look like;
Isaiah 53:5

But vertically it would be,

5
3
:
5

I'm not sure if the 53:5 part of this looks good. I want it Readable
which
the vertical is but not sure if the " : " portion of it is clear.

Any idease?

Put the colon on the diagonal, perhaps, or carve a slash rather than a colon?

5
3

\
5

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old August 27th 05, 02:20 PM
sv

Why not carve it just like you printed it off? Just turn the stick on the
horizontal and carve it as you read it. That would be more natural as far
as reading it. Carving it to be read vertically seems much harder to read
"Isaiah" as reading the "53:5."
For example, if you can picture this as the walking stick:

You really wouldn't have to turn the stick to read it, and it would make
more sense to the brain.
SV

k...