Polymer clay cane covered eggs

Old April 21st 04, 05:45 AM
Wanda

Default Polymer clay cane covered eggs

Does anyone know how to make the cane covered eggs? I am not clear on
how to put the cane slices on the egg. I worked with the slices on
some small clay beads that I figured I would use for earrings but they
turned out so distorted. I have no idea how to get them on the
surface of the item and get them flattened enough with out distorting
them. Is there a trick to this?
Old April 21st 04, 02:34 PM
Sjpolyclay

hi there! I have eggs on my website you can look at--and in my book,
Celebrations With Polymer Clay, I show step by step how to's of cane covered
and filigree style eggs. There ARE tricks that make it easier.

Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old April 22nd 04, 03:35 AM
Wanda

Thank you. Your website is nice but I was looking for some kind help
with this and not to make a purchase.
Old April 22nd 04, 01:52 PM
Sjpolyclay

Thank you. Your website is nice but I was looking for some kind help
with this and not to make a purchase.

Wanda, if you do not want to invest in books or classes, then invest your time.
I spent 20 years learning how to do these things---and you can figure them out
too!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

see my current auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auctionindex.htm

Old April 24th 04, 11:05 AM
Arondelle

HonkHonk wrote:
Wow great help so far, Buy my book, work at it for 20 years. I'm not
trying to be cynical but really that's not help.

Well, *some* of us don't buy books or kits, or demand to be told how to
do things -- we take the time to experiment until we figure it out for
ourselves or develop a new technique.

It's called "creativity."

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Shop eBay with me: http://snipurl.com/3usr
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old April 24th 04, 02:06 PM
Sjpolyclay

Wow great help so far, Buy my book, work at it for 20 years. I'm not
trying to be cynical but really that's not help.

Wanda, you arent trying to be cynical, but you are trying to get people to tell
you what they teach for a living for free, just cause we like you, right? How
about more of a give and take--you know, behaviour where you introduce yourself
and your work, answer questions for others, GIVE some to the group. Then
perhaps the group will give back to you more willingly.

Old April 24th 04, 07:30 PM
simply_annie

Wanda the best place to start is http://www.glassattic.com/ An over
abundance of information reolymer clay/techniques/supplies/tips & tricks.
Here's a wonderful, and friendly, place to ask questions especially for
beginners http://forums.delphiforums.com/polymerclay/messages
And here's quiet a large list of projects/lessons to start with
http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/ma...essonsprojects
I hope this is helpful to you.

om...

Old April 26th 04, 10:40 PM
Sherry Bailey

First, if I wrote a book that answered a question, I would suggest it
as a source, too -- libraries buy Sarajane's books, you know, it isn't
a requirement that you "make a purchase". (Although it might be
considered an "investment," if you want to learn a lot of great
techniques.)

Second, the polymer clay community is one of the most sharing and
giving groups of people in the world, even though a lot of us know
each other only electronically. You can find answers to almost any
question if you work a little bit -- Polymer Clay Central and Glass
Attic are two resources every clayer should know about, and they are
free. People who have been involved in polymer clay for a long time,
though, do get a little tired of answering the same questions
repeatedly, and so (like every other news group I have experienced) we
have those resources for frequently asked questions -- it pays to
check there first.

That said, if you alienate the people best able to help you with
sarcasm and snippiness, nobody will feel particularly inclined to
spend the time typing to give you help in the future.

Just thought the point should be made.

Sherry Bailey
Old April 27th 04, 06:23 PM
Catdoodler

(Sherry Bailey) wrote in message . com...
[...]

My you all are pretty funny.......The person named Honkhonk made the
comment aoout being "cynical" and you attack this Wanda person abou
tit , when she never even said it. I my self came here to ask a
question about something I was working on......but now I don't even
dare. You all seem to be more into attacking people then helping them.
The point to newsgroups like these and most others is for people to
come who have questions and would like help..for free....not to hear
about someone's book or to get told to buy things. I can fully
understand that if someone wants to know the entire process on how to
do something or comes in everyday with a ton of questions that is one
thing. But someone who comes here with such a simple question and all
you can do is complain.....If you are tired of answering the same
question repeatedly, then you should move on. This is suppose to be a
site for helping each other. So sad that it has become dominated by a
few who think they can set people in their place. Newsgroups are for
exchanging information, free of charge. There is no obligation there
Hopefully in time some of you will tire of this domination thing and
the newsgroups will return to what they should be, a warm and friendly
place where people willingly help each other for free, without
promoting anything they have to sell or being harsh to others who ask
questions. If you tire of answering the same question repeatedly then
don't. Don't say anything at all. There are other helpful people out
there. This is what people are suppose to do, help each other. The
world sure would be a much better place if people helped each other in
any aspect of life.

I just thought this point should also be made. Have a great day
everyone
Catdoodler