Where is everyone?????

Old August 9th 17, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default Where is everyone?????

I don't do facebook either. I haven't been stitching until the last couple
of days and have finally picked up needle and thread again and I am sure
enjoying it. Good to see you Louise.
Sharon in MN

"Raggedyann" wrote in message
I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC

Old August 9th 17, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-4, sharoncapps wrote:
I don't do facebook either. I haven't been stitching until the last couple
of days and have finally picked up needle and thread again and I am sure
enjoying it. Good to see you Louise.
Sharon in MN

"Raggedyann" wrote in message
I haven't been here for many years. I have been on Facebook.
Just thought I would stop in and say hello!
Louise in NC

I'm not on facebook either. I lurk here in between stitches...lol

Dawn
Old August 9th 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 7:14:55 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 6/30/2017 4:42 PM, D J wrote:

Ready WIPs:
1. The Castle by TW
2. Majestic Eagle by Sunset (a kit)
3. Feathered Stars by Design Works Crafts (a kit)
4. The Promise-Bald Eagle by The Gold Collection (Dimensions kit)
5. Too Cold To Go Outside by Julia Lucas (from a magazine)

That's quite a list, Dawn!

The new project is very small, under 3 inches square. It's called "Heart - Zigzag Rainbow" by Katherine Martin Tripp from the website www.better-cross-stitch-patterns.com
Not sure if it was free or not, but it's cute, small and colorful.

Yup, it's a freebie and really cute!

I feel so much better now that I've confessed. As punishment I'll do more housework...tomorrow!!!

How was your penance? Do you now have a sparkly home?

So what is everyone else up to?

I'm about 2/3 done with my Victorian house project and about 1/4 done
with my cable afghan.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

Well, I have been doing a lot of housework, but I haven't got it sparkling, yet!

But I did get another blog started to post pictures of my finished projects.
How does everyone else keep track of finished projects?
Do you take pictures?
Where do you store the pictures? Online or computer or print them out or thumb drive?

Still in between stitches,
Dawn
Old August 10th 17, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/9/2017 4:01 PM, D J wrote:

Well, I have been doing a lot of housework, but I haven't got it sparkling, yet!

Ah, well, stitching's more important, anyway! LOL

But I did get another blog started to post pictures of my finished projects.
How does everyone else keep track of finished projects?
Do you take pictures?
Where do you store the pictures? Online or computer or print them out or thumb drive?

Yes, I take pictures, since many of them are given as gifts. I have the
majority of my pictures on rctnp. I have a number of files on my
computer with them, too. When I retire that will be one of the things
I'm gonna have to do...clean up computer files. Doesn't that sound like
a *fun* retirement project??? Not.

Old August 11th 17, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
D J

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 12:14:10 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
On 8/9/2017 4:01 PM, D J wrote:

Well, I have been doing a lot of housework, but I haven't got it sparkling, yet!

Ah, well, stitching's more important, anyway! LOL

But I did get another blog started to post pictures of my finished projects.
How does everyone else keep track of finished projects?
Do you take pictures?
Where do you store the pictures? Online or computer or print them out or thumb drive?

Yes, I take pictures, since many of them are given as gifts. I have the
majority of my pictures on rctnp. I have a number of files on my
computer with them, too. When I retire that will be one of the things
I'm gonna have to do...clean up computer files. Doesn't that sound like
a *fun* retirement project??? Not.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

I totally agree, stitching is more important!
What's that old saying, "Stitch when you're young and frame them when you're retired."
And that's been my retirement project, getting all the finished ones framed.
I've been retired since over 10 years, and I don't think I've framed 10 of them yet!

I need to learn to stretch and frame them myself. Nope, takes to long...shopping first...I mean stitching first...LOL

Running for the shadows,
Dawn
Old August 12th 17, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Victoria Rain

Hi guys. It's been years since I've seen many of you. I tried to email Pat in the UK. She didn't answer so now I'm concerned. Does anyone know if she and John are okay.
Old August 13th 17, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 14:47:36 -0700 (PDT), Victoria Rain
wrote:

Hi guys. It's been years since I've seen many of you. I tried to email Pat in the UK. She didn't answer so now I'm concerned. Does anyone know if she and John are okay.

Hi there Victoria! I emailed you recently but it bounced and that
left me at a loss, as I was going to tell you my email had changed
after 26 years I wondered how you were doing and whether you were
still in the same Texas city that you were back when? I was using my
lovely Vic made laying tool recently
Old August 14th 17, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Victoria Rain

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 6:06:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi there Victoria! I emailed you recently but it bounced and that
left me at a loss, as I was going to tell you my email had changed
after 26 years I wondered how you were doing and whether you were
still in the same Texas city that you were back when? I was using my
lovely Vic made laying tool recently

Hey Sheena! Nice to hear from you. I forgot to send a group email to people I knew with my new email address and info. We did sell out house in Austin TX and moved north to Sheboygan Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. We love it here. It's been a year since we moved.

It's been a while since I've stitched because I developed cataracts in both eyes and even with my Dazor 5x diopter, no can see. I await the cataracts to be ready for removal.

Anyway, It is great to hear from you and I'm thrilled you still have and use your laying tool. I have mine as well and hope to use it again one day soon.

Has anyone heard from Pat?
Old August 14th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 05:22:15 -0700 (PDT), Victoria Rain
wrote:

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 6:06:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi there Victoria! I emailed you recently but it bounced and that
left me at a loss, as I was going to tell you my email had changed
after 26 years I wondered how you were doing and whether you were
still in the same Texas city that you were back when? I was using my
lovely Vic made laying tool recently

Hey Sheena! Nice to hear from you. I forgot to send a group email to people I knew with my new email address and info. We did sell out house in Austin TX and moved north to Sheboygan Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. We love it here. It's been a year since we moved.

It's been a while since I've stitched because I developed cataracts in both eyes and even with my Dazor 5x diopter, no can see. I await the cataracts to be ready for removal.

I had mine done a few years back, what a difference, no more bothering
with contact lenses BTW I did learn at the time that there is no
need to wait until they are 'ready' - that would be waiting until the
insurance company is ready.

Anyway, It is great to hear from you and I'm thrilled you still have and use your laying tool. I have mine as well and hope to use it again one day soon.

Has anyone heard from Pat?

I believe Joan Erickson has - she tends to come here from work RDH
Old August 14th 17, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/14/2017 8:01 AM, wrote:

I believe Joan Erickson has - she tends to come here from work RDH

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! And what's that smiley doing there, huh?