Orca Torch - leak?

Old March 23rd 12, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default Orca Torch - leak?

I've had the exact same problem! Driving me crazy!!! =20
Ted=85much appreciate your time taken for recommendation, but I don't under=
stand =85 my hose is sealed not by a screw setting, but by inserting the fe=
male end from the Orca into the hose, which has a clamp that tightens with =
a screw fitting. =20
any chance you could try to explain what you mean by 'shoulder'?
I actually purchased a new Smith hose with screw endings, but no way could =
I get the female end to fit the new hose. =20
Now I'm wondering if the problem is because I don't have either a blow-back=
preventer or gauges, neither of which my teacher used, and when I asked th=
e store from which I purchased the Orca, they said that "everything was inc=
luded in the kit"!

I've asked my husband to take the whole kit and caboodle to local welding s=
tore for advice, while I am out of town. I'll let you know what happens if=
you want.

Maura

On Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:09:08 PM UTC-4, AntoniaP wrote:
Hi,
=20
I'm having a confusing time setting up my Orca torch - I don't think it
should be this hard!! I used this design of torch in my silversmithing
classes and never had any troubles...
=20
The handle attaches into the hose by a screw setting. I have screwed
this in as far as it goes, but there is still some thread sticking out
and when I switch the gas on it leaks from here.
=20
I do not know what is going wrong and it is driving me mad! I have
basically unpacked it from the box and put it together and it's just not
right.=20
=20
Can anyone help put me back on track??!!
=20
Thank you thank you!
=20
=20
=20
=20
--=20
AntoniaP

Orca Torch - leak? ted frater Jewelry 12 July 8th 12 03:28 PM
Orca Torch - leak? AntoniaP Jewelry 0 April 2nd 11 06:21 AM
debating pros and cons of harris 19-6 Torch Handle, wt040018 gloor light torch handle, and smith little torch bizHB Jewelry 2 July 16th 06 05:45 AM
Orca Torch Marisa Cappetta Jewelry 2 June 24th 05 05:38 AM
Towards the Torch.... Sjpolyclay Beads 25 January 6th 04 04:02 PM