Pattern Help Please!

Old October 26th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Pattern Help Please!

I am getting ready to try this Circular wrapping shawl pattern for
babies. But, I am having difficult understanding this part of it.
If someone want the whole pattern after not understanding this part,
please, email me off list and I will post it to you for further help.
Continue to work 2 sts less every 2nd row until there are 5 sts.
worked in
68th and 69th rows, end at outside edge.
Thanks so much in advance, Portia, Southern California
Old October 26th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

" wrote in message
I am getting ready to try this Circular wrapping shawl pattern for
babies. But, I am having difficult understanding this part of it.
If someone want the whole pattern after not understanding this part,
please, email me off list and I will post it to you for further help.
Continue to work 2 sts less every 2nd row until there are 5 sts.
worked in 68th and 69th rows, end at outside edge.

There are directions somewhere in the part of the pattern that you didn't
post telling you where the decreases belong

Continue to work 2 sts less every 2nd row until there are 5 sts.

Using the decrease method described in the pattern, decrease 2 sts every
other row which means knit one row with out any decreases and the next row
with 2 stitches less according to the pattern instructions for placing the
decreases.
When you have 5 stitches left you are done. However, there seems to be an
error in the instructions. If you are working from the outside of a circle
to the center, then the 5 stitches is correct. If you start at the center
then you would have many more stitches than 5 for the last round.
If the pattern is knitted in pie shaped pieces then the instructions are
correct in using the term rows instead of rounds.

DA