Do you belong ot Knit or Crochet and why?

Old March 15th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default Do you belong ot Knit or Crochet and why?

Shillelagh wrote:

Saw the doc last month and didn't even bother mentioning it. I had heard of
cortisone shots, so I guess I should make an appointment to talk to him. I
hope he doesn't suggest physio.... bleah.

Shelagh

Talking to my dd in the U.K. the other day and happened to mention how I
used to get cortisone shots for my back years ago (backaches and
migraines are both very much fewer since both kids grew up and left
home!)and she told me that nowadays the doctors are giving botox shots
rather than cortisone for back spasms.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old March 16th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

LOL that is very true and what makes this a great group.

Donna

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Donna , it isn`t only thr Oddballs [ of which i am one as well ::: ]
but the Global spread of our participants , makes for it that there is
always SUN shining somewhere on our knitting Empire ,,,,, :::
mirjam

LOL yes I have oddball sleeping patterns and can come here anytime
and someone is hereG

Donna

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And there is a 24 hours a day answer service !!!!
mirjam
Yes this group can answer any question and they are patient tooG

Donna

Old March 16th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Morning Here , Evening or afternoon where ever YOU are ... After
a Stormy day with sleet ,, [ yes yes that after i cleaned the slate
before the living room French Window ,, and now it is FULL with Down
beeaten frozen leaves ,,, The sun came out with her nose up , all soft
and fine like a cat rolling out from a warm blanket ,,,, like miss
pigy ,,, Moi ,,, the sky is Crystal clean after the sleet and rain
brushed it clean ,,, It is a nice start for Friday ,,,
GOOD Morning/midday /evening to all
mirjam

Old March 17th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default OT: Botox for back spasms?

In article ,
Olwyn Mary wrote:
Shillelagh wrote:

I had heard of cortisone shots, so I guess I should make
an appointment to talk to him. I hope he doesn't suggest
physio.... bleah.

Talking to my dd in the U.K. the other day and happened to mention
how I used to get cortisone shots for my back years ago (backaches
and migraines are both very much fewer since both kids grew up and
left home!) and she told me that nowadays the doctors are giving
botox shots rather than cortisone for back spasms.

How does that work? Does the Botox replace shrunken disc material
to keep the vertebrae from pinching nerves? Or does it do something
directly to the nerve?

=Tamar
Old March 17th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

Default Botox for back spasms?

According to this site the botox paralyses the affected muscle.
http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/b/botox.htm
Marilyn

Old March 18th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Marilyn fcorliss at comcast dot net wrote:
According to this site the botox paralyses the affected muscle.
http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/b/botox.htm

Yikes! I think I'll stick with the hot pad.

=Tamar
Old March 19th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kirsten Watson

In article .com,
Katherine wrote:

I love being part of a knitting group. My mother was my mentor, and
she
was terrific. After a number of years, she also started learning from
me,
which really made me feel good.

Yes My mother told me that I could do a lot of things and they would
just be easy; and so lace and aran and so on has never held any terror
for me. Unfortunately, she herself did not do colour knitting, so it was
many years before I attempted intarsia or fair isle, both of which
turned out easier than expected We used to both knit for a charity
shop - donated yarn, and then the finished item sold for more money than
the yarn would have.

Now I run a knitting club in school, 7-10 year olds, and they love it.
I've also had some mothers pick up their needles again, or in one case,
a complete beginner who loves it now.

My own soon doesn't like to knit - but he likes to cross-stitch, so we
still get to craft together.

Kirsten
Old March 27th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Mar 19, 12:59 am, Kirsten Watson
wrote:
In article .com,

Katherine wrote:
[...]

Any crochet groups? Thanks!

Did anyone ever knit or crochet with .... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 21 April 24th 06 01:01 PM
Knit out & crochet 2 [email protected] Yarn 0 September 26th 05 10:22 PM
Knit-Out and Crochet Katherine Hutter Yarn 4 October 8th 04 03:09 AM
Knit AND Crochet Michael O'Brien Yarn 4 December 29th 03 09:15 AM
Knit and Crochet Carol In WI Yarn 2 November 23rd 03 05:26 PM