Why this newsgroup?

Old October 14th 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Belinda Alene

Default Why this newsgroup?

I am a beginner level hobby wood craver. I am interested in information on how
to cure wood from trees on my land. I wish to create jewelry boxes and
ornamental plaques using dogwood, hickory and oak. Any one out there that could
offer useful information?
Old November 5th 11, 02:44 PM
farooq341 farooq341 is offline
Junior Member

Old July 29th 12, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Lil Abner

On 10/14/2011 1:15 PM, Belinda Alene wrote:
I am a beginner level hobby wood craver. I am interested in information on how
to cure wood from trees on my land. I wish to create jewelry boxes and
ornamental plaques using dogwood, hickory and oak. Any one out there that could
offer useful information?

Depends on where you are and what woods you are talking about.
Generally seal the ends of the trees or whatever with wax or pruners
paint. Keep the wood off the ground and under cover, preferabally in a
building.
The longer and slower and cooler a log like Walnut cures the better with
less cracking and checking.
Uncles cured some woods that way for several years before working it but
outside under cover.
That's the limit of my experience.

New Newsgroup Frosty Jewelry 13 June 6th 06 02:46 AM
New to this newsgroup 5string Pottery 3 September 16th 05 10:26 PM
S E X from another newsgroup Mystified One Quilting 2 September 2nd 05 03:22 AM
new newsgroup?? Sally Klem Needlework 0 July 10th 04 12:07 AM
newsgroup help Pami DeFraia Quilting 3 August 27th 03 02:44 AM