Button, button

Old February 16th 04, 02:47 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Default Button, button

I am discovering buttons in a big way. I got a part time job in a the best
fabric store in Chch and the button wall is right next to the area where I
work. Today I brought home some real beauties. Rather expensive (one
enamelled leaf button was $2.25) but imo worth it. So basically, I'm
doomed, with yet another addiction to add to the list!

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old February 16th 04, 04:38 PM
DreamBeadr

So basically, I'm
doomed, with yet another addiction to add to the list!

And what are you going to make with them Marisa?

Or is it one of those addictions where you just hoard them and fondle them
periodically? ;o)

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com

Old February 16th 04, 08:45 PM
Dr. Sooz

Marisa, what sort of button draws your raven's eye the most? SHINY
THINGS.....YUMMMMMM peckpeckpeck
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 16th 04, 08:49 PM
starlia

There is a specialty store here in Austin that has very expensive hand dyed
fabric and other to die for fabric. In addition they have the most fabulous
buttons I've ever seen. Some of the ones I've purchased were in the $10
each range. Pretty buttons are well worth it, IMO.

"Marisa Cappetta" wrote in message
I like the shank buttons, I reckon they'd be good as clasps. I also sew

my
own clothes quite a bit, so a few buttons are always kicking around...now
I'll just have a few more!

Old February 16th 04, 09:30 PM
Mj

I really do hate to tempt you, Marisa, but...

I have three styles of shank buttons listed now in the TierraCast section.
In antiqued silver and antiqued gold. Just thought you'd like to know...
=)

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

"Marisa Cappetta" wrote in message
Great ideas..and reasons to buy a few more buttons! My employer buys the
nicest buttons I've ever seen. I sold some to a lady yesterday that were
faceted black glass with gilded edges. I hope there are some left

tomorrow,
we're allowed to make our staff purchases first thing in the morning, so I
couldn't buy any yesterday, but will snatch them off the shelf first thing
tomorrow!

Old February 16th 04, 09:31 PM
Harry

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:47:43 +0800, "Marisa Cappetta" wrote:

I am discovering buttons in a big way. I got a part time job in a the best
fabric store in Chch and the button wall is right next to the area where I
work. Today I brought home some real beauties. Rather expensive (one
enamelled leaf button was $2.25) but imo worth it. So basically, I'm
doomed, with yet another addiction to add to the list!

I am a confessed button lover! I absolutely adore Shirley's and many
others. Do they by any chance have Paua buttons? Not a advertisement plug,
I am really interested. lol

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old February 16th 04, 10:50 PM
AmazeR

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:31:29 -0500, Harry wrote:

I am a confessed button lover! I absolutely adore Shirley's and many
others. Do they by any chance have Paua buttons? Not a advertisement plug,
I am really interested. lol

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw

Harry, I have paua buttons ;-))

Mavis

Old February 16th 04, 11:02 PM
Harry

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:50:00 +1300, AmazeR wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:31:29 -0500, Harry wrote:

I am a confessed button lover! I absolutely adore Shirley's and many
others. Do they by any chance have Paua buttons? Not a advertisement plug,
I am really interested. lol

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw

Harry, I have paua buttons ;-))

Mavis

I am sooooooo jealous! I tried making some, but the holes kept
breaking out! Ahhhhhh......