Looking for faceting belt

Old July 8th 03, 01:37 AM
linda

Default Looking for faceting belt

Help-I have an old Sapphire faceting machine and the belt is just
about gone. It is a round cloth covered belt is 36 inches in
circumference and about 1/4 inch in diameter. I have had little luch
in automotive or hardware. Does anyone know where I might get such a
belt or have one they no longer want and are willing to sell.

THanks for you time.

Linda
Old July 8th 03, 04:32 AM
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I also facet Linda but can only suggest that folks have used O-rings and
'repair' belts (these are temporary automotive belts made for emergency
repairs) and sewing machine drive belts as used on old Singers but i
think you should subscribe to the ILA and post your question;
http://www.gemcutters.org/

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old July 14th 03, 05:03 AM
ROBB

(Ed Lamoureux) wrote in message
. ..
(linda) wrote in message
. ..
Help-I have an old Sapphire faceting machine and the belt is just
about gone...Does anyone know where I might get such a
belt

Try looking in the "Power Transmission" section of the McMaster-Carr
catalog at
http://www.mcmaster.com

Ed

You can find round synthetic belts like this in some power
transmission places where they might sell V belts.

Cut the belt to fit and weld the butt ends togather so a small ridge
is produced showing fusion.
Grind away the little protruding ridge .

Some failure is not uncommon. if it breaks at the splice, just reheat
untill melting and make sure it is clean. cut the ends square with a
razor blade.

Robb.
Old March 24th 11, 11:37 PM
rsandauii rsandauii is offline
Junior Member

I have a Sapphire Faceting Machine that is missing the Brass Head; I found the Machinest that worked for Arrow Profile yet he said he was up in years and could not make one for me. Could I rent or borrow your brass head so I can have a local mahine shop make it for me?
Thanks
Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda View Post