What one thing made your quilting life better in 2006?

Old January 1st 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
hfw

Default What one thing made your quilting life better in 2006?

For me it was a real sewing stiletto. Oh, and a mat that keeps my foot
pedal from sliding.

(Aside from all the less tangibles like health and love and...)

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===
Old January 1st 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

A very supportive hubby!!!!! Oh, you mean "real" things......lol! Let's
see.....bookshelves to store my stash in the open so I can see what I really
have. Only WIPs are in containers........Also, hanging my unquilted quilts
on hangers in my closet instead of in piles on the floor! That made my
quilting area wonderful!

Laurie G. in CA

Old January 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
JPgirl

I would have to say that the best thing I did this year was stealing
the basement to use as my very own sewing room. Our basement is
unfinished but we put some carpet down and built a 6'x8' table with
shelves underneath that hold my two sewing machines, serger, machine
quilting frame and my entire stash resides right underneath in the
shelving hold the top up!
Best thing is that I got to use it ALL year because it was pretty much
under construction exactly this time last year. Well, with the
exception of the last two months of morning sickness hell anyway but it
is starting to get better, what I would give right now for just one day
of seemingly endless energy so I could just go down and sew for one day.

Old January 1st 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie

Usurping the living room/dining room as my quilting room. Previously was
squished into a small bedroom. Now I have room to spread out.

Trixie

Old January 1st 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

rctq

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

:
: (Aside from all the less tangibles like health and love
and...)
:
: --Heidi
:
: Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b
:
: ===

Old January 1st 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

good answer!

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas
"CATS" wrote in message
rctq

Old January 1st 07, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janet

I was able to buy 2 new machines to sew on. The one had an exstended
bed to make quilting easier. It opened a whole new world of free
motion quilting for me. I also joined a local quilt guild and made
quilting freinds. Happy New Year

Janet
SW Florida

Old January 1st 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

For me, it was the advice and tips I got right here at RCTQ that helped me
find time for quilting. And the network of friendship here sure made the
rest of my life better! Thanks to all of you, and may I wish you the
Happiest New Year ever!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old January 1st 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:54:10 -0600, hfw wrote
(in article ):

For me it was a real sewing stiletto. Oh, and a mat that keeps my foot
pedal from sliding.

(Aside from all the less tangibles like health and love and...)

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Hmmm! Good question. I feel like I did very little quilting in 2006. I'm a
bit worried about 2007, too. My boss is going on an extended leave, so I
suspect I'll be even busier at work than I was last year.

I have been working on getting my space organized, and I hope that will allow
me to use whatever time I have more efficiently.

Maureen

Old January 1st 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:54:10 -0500, hfw wrote:

For me it was a real sewing stiletto. Oh, and a mat that keeps my foot
pedal from sliding.

(Aside from all the less tangibles like health and love and...)

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Taking everything out of my sewing room, having a good clean out,
and then deciding what was going to go back into it. I ended up
giving a big pile of non-quilting fabric to the local Red Cross
charity shop, putting bags of fake fur scraps and
thread/selvage/snippets bags into my storage cupboard in the hallway.
Now I have an ironing space as well as a sewing space in my
dedicated sewing room. This is great, because now the ironing board
is out of the living room. In fact, I moved all sewing operations out
of the living room into the sewing room so that I'm not distracted
when I study... and the place looks tidier when guests come over.
That all happened in late November, but it sure has made a
difference.

-- Jo in Scotland