Bambi beads

Old September 18th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Default Bambi beads

These remind me of Susan Burwash's Bambi beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Lampwork-ETCH...QQcmdZViewItem

Tina

Old September 18th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Christina Peterson wrote:
These remind me of Susan Burwash's Bambi beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Lampwork-ETCH...QQcmdZViewItem

Tina

Tina,
Thanks for posting these. I like his work, lots of my favorite
colors.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old September 18th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Me too -- but Susan's are *much* better ( I have some). They're the
only beads with white in them I can stand to work with.

```````````````````````````````````````

Old September 19th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Christina Peterson wrote:
These remind me of Susan Burwash's Bambi beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Lampwork-ETCH...QQcmdZViewItem

Tina

Such a lovely, classic color combination! Those are like teeny
counterparts to Susan's hefty pieces. I love the size and weight of her
beads, but those look like they'd be nice to design with too.
Old September 20th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan B.

Christina Peterson wrote:
These remind me of Susan Burwash's Bambi beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Lampwork-ETCH...-FIRST-SNOW_W0
QQitemZ290030955098QQihZ019QQcategoryZ34070QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Thanks Soozala, Tina and Kalera - you're making me blush. I seem to be
in a bambi bead mood again lately, and have made some in a medium
trapsarent gray over white cores as well as in the usual topaz. This
time I plan to tumble etch them rather than use Etch-all. I'e been
making some copper tubing bangles the last few days and i think the
Bambi beads will work well with copper.

--
Susan in CA(NADA)
Old September 20th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera Stratton

Susan B. wrote:

Thanks Soozala, Tina and Kalera - you're making me blush. I seem to be
in a bambi bead mood again lately, and have made some in a medium
trapsarent gray over white cores as well as in the usual topaz. This
time I plan to tumble etch them rather than use Etch-all. I'e been
making some copper tubing bangles the last few days and i think the
Bambi beads will work well with copper.

Oooh, with copper! What a great idea!

Have you tumbled many beads before? I love the effect... it's either
more silken or more organic than chemical etching, depending on the grit
you use. I've been using a really fine grit lately but last year I did
a bunch that were really coarse, and I'm thinking about getting another
barrel so I can do either one at will. The texture of using a coarse
medium looks so wonderful on pale transparents!
Old September 22nd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan B.

Hi Kalera -
I did some with some really, really fine grit last time, but I'm too
impatient :-). What grit size have you been using? I'm lucky 'cause I'm
a 3 minute drive aware from a lapidary supply place so I can get the
grit there. I think they have 100, 200 and 600 grit and then into the
really fine stuff like cerium oxide.

Old September 22nd 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Christina Peterson wrote:

These remind me of Susan Burwash's Bambi beads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Lampwork-ETCH...QQcmdZViewItem

They're lovely.

Mike's been experimenting with white hearts lately too, there's
something that is so lluminous about them, and when they're etched it
is such a lovely effect.

I love it when a very old style of bead gets new treatments.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old September 22nd 06, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Susan B. wrote:

Thanks Soozala, Tina and Kalera - you're making me blush. I seem to be
in a bambi bead mood again lately, and have made some in a medium
trapsarent gray over white cores as well as in the usual topaz. This
time I plan to tumble etch them rather than use Etch-all.

The grey sounds lovely! I've been wanting a tumbler for ages but
they're hideously expensive in the UK. We use Etch-all, but it does
seem to give a less soft surface than I'd like.

Maybe we'll have to take the plunge and get a tumbler.

I love the idea of the copper with the grey! Any pictures yet?

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old September 22nd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan B.

Hi Su - I love white hearts - I think you're right, they glow from the
inside out. No pics yet, but I'll make sure I take some next week. Su -
I've heard most people are quite happy with the very inexpensive
tumblers they get from Harbor Freight. Maybe one of your American
buddy's could mail you one?? (No Harbor Freigh in Canada or I'd offer).