OT - Webshot Photos added

Old June 27th 04, 04:51 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default OT - Webshot Photos added

Hi Guys,
DH and I just returned from Vienna. We took loads of photos while there. I
was lucky enough to be able to take a dy trip to Budapest, Hungary so I have
also put up photos from that trip. There should be a link to my Webshots album
in the tag lines at the end of this post.
To get this more towards being online, I found the "Fabric" section of the
city where the "sewing" and fabric shops have been traditionally located.
There is a Tailor statue in that area and I have included a pic of it in the
album. There are several fabric shops in what I call "Old Vienna" and not one
of them had any cotton fabric! All of the lightweight fabrics suitable for
quilts or clothing was a blend of poly-cotton. I DID find some lucious dupioni
silks for a reasonable price so I bought several meters :-). I bought some
purple/gold and some purple/green. This is the fabric that has one color weft
threads and warp threads in another color. I'll wash & dry it before using and
it should be OK for use in the Autumn and Christmas quilts I *hope* to make for
myself.
Anyway, even tho' there isn't any quilty stuff in the album, I hope you go
take a look at the pics. Vienna is an absolutely wonderful city and the parks
and gardens are superb! I didn't see a lot of Budapest but there are also
some lovely photos of the two sides of the city straddleing the Danube. Hope
you enjoy!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old June 27th 04, 05:08 PM
nana2b

Hi Mary, Vienna is a lovely city. So many beautiful old structures that
are preserved. Did you take the cruise down the Danube? We are thinking of
doing that next spring.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old June 27th 04, 05:41 PM
Donna

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!
Donna
"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...

.

Old June 28th 04, 12:57 PM
Roberta Zollner

But but... there's Exquisity! One of the biggest quilt stores in Europe.
(which doesn't mean much, there's so little competition for the title.)
Roberta in D

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
clipped) things we did and I would *highly* recommend a trip to Vienna to
anyone -- even
if there aren't any quilt shops :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

Old June 28th 04, 01:47 PM
bogus address

DH and I just returned from Vienna. We took loads of photos while
there. I was lucky enough to be able to take a dy trip to Budapest,
Hungary so I have also put up photos from that trip.

Did you see any signs of the tornado damage?

Budapest was hit by a couple of *big* tornadoes about a month ago -
no British paper seems have reported it.

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.