OT Pat Porter How's DH doing

Old January 16th 04, 10:17 PM
Lucille

Actually the exact quote is: "Old age is no place for sissies. and it
was said by Bette Davis

And since I'm just recovering from bronchial pneumonia I sure agree with
that statement.

Lucille

"Pat P" wrote in message
Well, you know what Sheena says. "Old age isn`t for sissies!!!"

Pat P

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
news
Nope, make that three. Unfortunately right eye is going a tad faster

than
left eye, so it lies around all lazy while I stitch, and leftie does all

the
looking!! isn't "maturing" fun???LOL

Gillian

Old January 16th 04, 10:19 PM
Gillian Murray

And SHE stole it froom Bette Davis!!
Gill
"Pat P" wrote in message
Well, you know what Sheena says. "Old age isn`t for sissies!!!"

Pat P

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
news
Nope, make that three. Unfortunately right eye is going a tad faster

than
left eye, so it lies around all lazy while I stitch, and leftie does all

the
looking!! isn't "maturing" fun???LOL

Gillian

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

Hey Pat, that makes two of us then!
Cheryl
On 1/15/04 8:47 PM, in article
, "Pat P"
wrote:

It gets better (???) Apparently I have the first stages of

cataracts!
Just
had my eyes tested. He did say it should be ages before I need

surgery
though.

Oh well.

Pat P

"

Old January 16th 04, 10:20 PM
Pat P

I knew that there was something up, but I usually go to the Optician`s other
office in the next town as he has some pretty steep stairs up to the
examination room here in Felixstowe, I had to cancel twice at the last
minute due to John being too ill to drive.

Anyway, my daughter Jane took me down to the Felixstowe one so it was third
time lucky - and I managed the stairs fine in any case!

John`s so much better today - he even took the dogs for a short walk. I
made him take one of our little two way radios just in case he had any
problems. I didn`t go with him - we have a very cold wind here today, and
that starts my angina off. What a couple of old wrecks!!!

Later on he even came round the supermarket with me, so he`s DEFINITELY
improving. It must be all the hugs he`s been getting from all you people!

Pat P

"animaux" wrote in message
Pat, my mom had an advance stage of cataracts before she finally went to

the eye
doctor. She no longer saw color. Geesh, talk about not taking care of
yourself...I digress; She had the surgery and it was a cinch. My mother
doesn't go to the doctor unless it's in an ambulance and she said it was
nothing.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:47:25 -0000, "Pat P"

opined:

It gets better (???) Apparently I have the first stages of cataracts!

Just
had my eyes tested. He did say it should be ages before I need surgery
though.

Oh well.

Pat P

"Joan Erickson" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:

Up and down, thanks, everyone.
What a way to start the year! Pleasant thoughts continue your way,

Pat!
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old January 16th 04, 11:12 PM
Dukkum

I think you are paraphrasing the inimitable Bette Davis. "Old age is
no place for sissies"

Well if she said it first, more power to her.

Jere
Old January 17th 04, 12:55 AM
Pat P

Oy, you canytankerous lot - all I said was "As Sheena often says" (she
does!) I didn`t say she was the FIRST to say it, so don`t start a perishing
international incident with it! LOL!

Pat P

wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:13:27 -0000, "Pat P"
wrote:

Well, you know what Sheena says. "Old age isn`t for sissies!!!"

Pat P

Stamping foot - no, no! Credit where credit is due. Bette Davis
said it - I believe while doing an interview (not long before she
died) on Good Morning America. Despite the fact everyone was
already so gd pure, she was smoking a cigarette on set right in the
face of whatever that man's name was who used to do the show then.
Anchor's had long since given up smoking at that point. I can forget
him and his name but I happened to see that part of the show and I
can't forget Bette!!

Now smoking witches don't bother going after me - she smoked like a
chimney that's a fact - she did not die of lung cancer at an early
age. She lived her life as she thought to live it, was much to be
admired as a woman when being a woman in a major job was not an easy
thing, and was very successful at it. More power to her. I admired
her greatly. I don't smoke.

Sheena

Old January 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Gillian Murray

Twenty million humble apologies. May I lie prone so you can kick me in the
derriere?? Actually, I do apologise for "stole". I should have said "quoted
from" because you know this good stuff, AND you are older than me...LOLOL. I
also attributed to BD, not a favorite actress, but what a character!
I guess now I can't ask you about correct attire/ clothing in NS!!

Hugs, and NO smileys,

gillian
wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:19:50 GMT, "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

And SHE stole it froom Bette Davis!!
Gill

As you will see, I did not ****ing steal it. I have always credited
Bette Davis when I use it. Someone else was not giving her credit.

"

Attn Pat Porter - alphabets Rosemary Needlework 6 November 17th 03 10:20 PM
How's this for pretty? BeckiBead Beads 5 November 11th 03 07:14 PM
OT - Attention Pat Porter clancy Needlework 4 October 2nd 03 02:18 PM
Pat Porter in other wars Norma Needlework 3 September 11th 03 03:52 PM