How to date and mate? Male stitchers

Old July 15th 05, 09:28 PM
Lynda Wiener

Default How to date and mate? Male stitchers

Take up stitching! I have never had my stitching out in the vicinity of
the opposite sex when one or more fellers hasn't been fascinated. It's
a great conversation-starter and ice-breaker. Once, on a flight from
California to Paris, I taught the sweetest young man how to make French
knots.

My DH thinks it's very funny, but he knows that should he leave this
mortal coil first and his bereaved widow is in need of a gentleman's
companionship, all she needs to do is pack her stitching down to the
local coffee shop.

Given that most stitchers are women, I might imagine that a guy in a
crowd of gals might have even a greater opportunity...the phrase "in
high clover" comes to mind.

I wonder, has anybody ever met or dated someone they met over stitching?

Lynda

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
...................Paul Rodriguez.....................................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 15th 05, 10:44 PM
Karen C - California

Lynda Wiener wrote:

Take up stitching! I have never had my stitching out in the vicinity of
the opposite sex when one or more fellers hasn't been fascinated. It's
a great conversation-starter and ice-breaker.

And especially if you're doing something they've never seen before.
When we were trekking all over the TriState Area to perform, and counted
cross-stitch hadn't yet made it to the US, a tatting shuttle in my hip
pocket was easier to transport than my fanny frame. If we were
somewhere with a lounge or coffee shop, I could flop in the nearest
available chair and draw a crowd. Invariably, some engineering student
would try to figure out how it worked. Soooooooooo, if you want to
catch an engineer, learn to tat!

--
Karen C - California
Finished 6/28/05 - Painted Bunting (Bucilla)

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs at TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old July 16th 05, 01:16 AM
The Lady Gardener

:

Take up stitching! I have never had my stitching out in the vicinity of
the opposite sex when one or more fellers hasn't been fascinated. It's
a great conversation-starter and ice-breaker.

.. Invariably, some engineering student
would try to figure out how it worked. Soooooooooo, if you want to
catch an engineer, learn to tat!

Ditto for Engineers and Bobbin lace - there is something magnetic about it!

Joanne in Perth