I'm trying knitting sheaths

Old July 23rd 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default I'm trying knitting sheaths

Dear friends,

I am going to try knitting sheaths. The speed Aaron has talked about in
the group has enticed me in to giving and all out try.

I will keep the group informed. I enjoy the continental way of knitting
at this time, the only way I have ever knitted. It is the way I learned
back about 25 years ago.

I enjoy the Sweater Machine for fast stockinette sweaters. It is a
blessing for a sweater or lap throw for a fast gift. What really makes
me feel good is people still ask me if I knitted it by hand. One of my
knitting friends questioned me once once a sweater I knitted by hand.
She is about 20 years older than me and informed me she had knitted
since she was a child and that that sweater was knitted on a machine.
Thank God, she trusted Gail.

I do not think I will give up double point needles for socks, I believe
you can you use the knitting sheath with them if they are the same size.
Maybe Aaron can ad lib on this.

If any of you decide on a sheath project, please post you progress and
ideas.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 23rd 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

With a knitting sheath, you still use (5, or more) DPN, you just have an
extra point of support. Or, you can knit back on two needles and forth just
like you do with SPN. Sometimes it is just faster to knit the Aran
patterns as written for 2 needles.

The knitting sheath keeps them from being so "spidery", stabilizes the work
zone so you can knit faster, and provides leverage so you can knit tighter.
(With the stabilized work zone, you can also knit drunker : )

Aaron

Old July 24th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

wrote:
[...]

With me Aaron it would be after a pain pill.

Dennis

Pictures of my knitting sheaths, various handmade needles, and the gansey in progress. Yarn 5 July 15th 06 08:34 PM
Marching towards fine knitting Yarn 3 July 11th 06 04:34 AM
The Gross Errors of a Needle Maker: 000, 00, 0, Yarn 29 June 20th 06 06:16 AM
The ongoing story of knitting sheaths for Aaron and Noreen Els van Dam Yarn 15 April 25th 06 06:45 PM
My Book Report for Cactus Needles Knitting Guild!!! Slick Hippy chick Yarn 2 November 21st 03 10:23 PM