testing....testing....

Old July 22nd 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patandpatty

Default testing....testing....

i've been following the posts & tried a couple of times but couldn't.

just trying to see if this will post.

--
lpbc
#43 Sunset
Jesup,
912 530 8641

1. Alexander the Great was a great general.
2. Great generals are forewarned.
3. Forewarned is forearmed.
4. Four is an even number.
5. Four is certainly an odd number of arms for a man to have.
6. The only number that is both even and odd is infinity.
Therefore, Alexander the Great had an infinite number of arms.

Old July 23rd 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article et,
"patandpatty" wrote:

i've been following the posts & tried a couple of times but couldn't.

just trying to see if this will post.

welcome, your post is readeble hear on hot hot Vancouver Island. The
grand kids are on the deck playing with buckets of water and it is hot
enough that we do not mind getting wet at all when they are missing the
water buckets.

Hope to hear more about you now that you made your landing

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 23rd 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BonnieBlue

Default How hot is it? (Was testing....testing....)

Els,

How hot is it there? Rudy and I leave next Sunday for our trip to Tacoma,
and I've been meaning to have a look at the National Weather Service web
site.

Here in San Angelo, TX, it is 95 degrees with 22% humidity.

BonnieBlue

Old July 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Today it isa high of 92F with 33% humidity and a low of 64F tonight.
It has been hot for us this weekend. The prediction for next Saturday
is 76F with a low of 56F. We don't have a Sunday prediction yet. There
may be a few clouds off and on this week which might mean a bit higher
humidity but in the summer that isn't usually an issue.
It is summer here - and I live very close to Tacoma. Usually this is
the best place in the country to be in August. Enjoy.
Judy

Old July 24th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:23:17 -0500, "BonnieBlue"
spewed forth :

Here in San Angelo, TX, it is 95 degrees with 22% humidity.

The official high today in Austin was 98f with 21% humidity; the NOAA
heat index calculator claims the apparent temp (heat index) was only
93 when that happened. I don't quite see how that can be, myself.

My personal weather station (temp, hygrogrometer, barometer,
anemometer) claims today's high for me, about 10 miles from the
"official" reporting station, was 102f with 37% humidity and a
calculated heat index of 111f. This week is large brush pickup for my
neighborhood so DH and I were out there bushwhacking in the worst of
it. I hate letting the stuff grow, but I also hate doing any more
yardwork than necessary. So when large brush collection happens we
have to work like dogs for a day or two to whack back the photinias,
cherry laurels and other crap that invades over the fences.

My back yard now looks scalped - and it is. The weather now isn't
conducive to new growth including any potential ground cover.

And of course I'm covered in chigger bites, scratches, bruises and
skeeta bumps. And I'm sunburnt and my brain feels quite fried.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 25th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It was so hot that I spent the whole day sitting on the porch drinking beer,
and when my wife got home from her air conditioned office, she agreed, that
considering the heat, I had done a good day's work.

Aaron

Old July 28th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Here is a more recent web forecast for this area - It has cooled down
and feels like low 70s here at the moment. - Have a good trip.

Sunday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the
low 50s.
Monday (24 hours): Plenty of sun. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in
the low 50s.
Tuesday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in
the low 50s.
Wednesday (24 hours): A few clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in
the low 50s.
Thursday (24 hours):

testing testing Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 3 July 21st 04 08:54 PM
OT very. Long Hair Care Polly Esther Quilting 113 May 16th 04 03:40 PM
Arts and Crafts Network Software Testing CraigJ Doll Houses 0 March 14th 04 05:51 AM
Testing, testing..... AliceW Quilting 5 November 24th 03 08:47 PM
[OT] testing, testing, 123 scaperchick Beads 3 August 4th 03 07:58 PM