The mystery yarn swatch

Old July 27th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default The mystery yarn swatch

has turned out not to be feltable wool. So, I'm guessing it's probably
acrylic or a blend. Bleah. I'll have to figure out something else to do
with it now. I could double or triple it up and make a bag that way. Oh
well. (pouting).

Shelagh

Old July 27th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article , Shillelagh wrote:
has turned out not to be feltable wool. So, I'm guessing it's probably
acrylic or a blend. Bleah. I'll have to figure out something else to do
with it now. I could double or triple it up and make a bag that way. Oh
well. (pouting).

It might be superwash - that is all wool but won't felt.

=Tamar
Old July 27th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article , Shillelagh

wrote:
has turned out not to be feltable wool. So, I'm guessing it's probably
acrylic or a blend. Bleah. I'll have to figure out something else to do
with it now. I could double or triple it up and make a bag that way. Oh
well. (pouting).

It might be superwash - that is all wool but won't felt.

=Tamar

You could be right, but I don't think there's a way for me to find out. I
could try the bleach test on the yarn, I guess, but would the results be the
same if it's superwash?

Shelagh

Old July 27th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Have you tried that cream that dissolves hair from legs and such? Now, how
is it called??
If you put a tiny bit on a piece of wool it will dissolve also.So you'll
know it is real "hair" and not synthetic.
Sofia D

Old July 27th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Magie Noire" wrote in message
Have you tried that cream that dissolves hair from legs and such? Now, how
is it called??
If you put a tiny bit on a piece of wool it will dissolve also.So you'll
know it is real "hair" and not synthetic.
Sofia D

I could give that a try. Thanks!

And I have a small update. I washed and dried the swatch. Even though it
didn't really "felt" up, it did shrink in length from 5.5 inches to 4.5
inches. Maybe I'll have to try a couple of more swatches, since I have
plenty of yarn.

Shelagh

Old July 29th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi Sofia,

I remember seeing that cream advertised when I was a kid, it was called Neet
as I recall. That was here in Vancouver, your product is probably a
different name.

David

Old July 29th 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi David, I was so distracted that day I didn't even remembered how the
thing was called. Depilatory cream, and you are right,there are several
brands. All of them stink but are very efficient :-)
Peace!
Sofia D

Old July 29th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Tracey

David R. Sky wrote:
Hi Sofia,

I remember seeing that cream advertised when I was a kid, it was called
Neet as I recall. That was here in Vancouver, your product is probably a
different name.

David

Two main brands sold in the US, IIRC. Neet and Nair. Can still find
Nair at least because I remember a commercial not long ago about how
it now comes with a plastic 'razor' without a blade to remove the hair.

Tracey

Dealing with left over yarn Yarn 31 January 19th 05 08:15 PM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 04:09 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 05:30 AM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 03:19 AM
Frizelle Olympe "34" yarn SlinkyToy Yarn 0 September 22nd 03 02:30 AM