Saturday , we are ok

Old July 26th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Default Saturday night was Saturday , we are ok

So, why don't you start by giving the example and allowing Mirjam and Aaron
to discuss their differences?
And in what city in Israel do you live to be able to preach so well about
good humour under the missiles?
Do you sleep well? Thousands of others can't afford that luxury!!!
Sofia D

"Els van Dam" a écrit dans le message de news:
In article , BB
wrote:

I am sure that Mirjam and Aaron can argue this issue, without side shots.
Let me tell you that the Jewish folks, and that includes me by the way,
are the best humorist under the most dire situations, It has seen them
through very tight spots, Mirjam has been there and I am sure that she is
capable of reading between the lines. We were talking, including Mirjam,
about sharping baboo knitting needles. Jan posted the question and quite
a few of us answered her. The use of broken glass came up, and replies
that that is not always something that is at hand. The broken glass may
indeed by part of the war, it certainly was when I was a youngster during
WWII. Without the jokes and fine tuned humour, life would be unbearable.
Jews are the artist of fine tuned satire and humor. Mirjam with her
background and history is quite capable of knowing that Aaron was not
mean, or racist or had bad intentions. He is a good friend and has always
been kind. So folks step back and let Aaron and Mirjam work this out.

Sleep well

Els

Old July 26th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

BB i sent you a thank you note but it came back ,,, mirjam
te:

My point may not have been clear. I read the joke and thought it was of
questionable taste, but did not respond to that. Mirjam posted that she
found the joke hurtful. Aaron then made his post about laughing at
life, ignoring the fact that it was upsetting to Mirjam. I found that
to be, at best, very insensitive considering Mirjam's current situation.

All of this was done publicly. Public posts invite public reactions.
Why do you think I should be excluded from reacting to public posts?

And I have no idea how religion became an issue in your response to me.

BB

Old July 27th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot Good morning which day ??? Aha Thursday was , we are ok

Good morning all ,
decided to start my morning with a good floor mop to the kitchen floor
,, Used loads of chlorine in the water , the heat encourages all kinds
of Jeeky things , and When i wash a floor i better do it the best i
can. One load of the line , and other on line ,, folding the dry
clean stuff , news are on the background ,, played a bit with the cat.
I hung a plastic ring on a piece of string and let him `hunt` it ,,,,,
Yes i work on keeping life `normal`, This is my right and also my way
of opposing terror
mirjam

Old July 27th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Good morning Mirjam! How was your night! Were you able to sleep in one go?
Living in clean surroundings is probably what gives us the best feeling of
normalcy! And work takes the mind away......
Even beau Hamoudi needs to exercise or he'll turn into a butter ball :-)
How is the situation for the Seminar you were preparing? Does it stand or
was it (again) postponed?
Have a safe day and be careful, please!
Sofia D

Old July 27th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Hi Mirjam! I'm so sorry for those men! What a waste of young lives! I'm so
sorry for the whole situation,what can I say!!
Yes, I guess some parts of "normal" life must continue!
Sofia D

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de news:
Good Midday Sofia and all ,
we had a quiet night , but mourn the fall of 9 soldiers. The whole
North is still in shelters, many people without warm food , groups of
20-30 in big shelters. and the Ecomnomy stops ,, Workers have to get
Salaries from Factories that do not work nore sell , Markets of years
tumbeling down .
The seminar was potponed , but parts of the exhibition was transfered
to Tel Aviv ,, the students worked 4 years. They deserve some
exhibition.
mirjam

Old July 27th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Sophia sums up my feelings very well. And I don't know what else to
say. By living as normally as possible, you are setting a great
example to others. I admire your strength!

BB

Old July 27th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:19:13 GMT, BB spun a fine yarn

Sophia sums up my feelings very well. And I don't know what else to
say. By living as normally as possible, you are setting a great
example to others. I admire your strength!

BB

And, I'm piggybacking on BB's followup to Sophia's to say.... I agree
with BOTH of them and continue to keep sending vibes of hope and peace
to the Israeli's...
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-2, 07/26/2006
Tested: 7/27/2006 11:15:52 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 27th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

""""""""........... and continue to keep sending vibes of hope and peace
to the Israeli's...
Noreen

..........and every other innocent involved!
Sofia D

Old July 28th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:37:05 +0200, Magie Noire spun a fine yarn

""""""""........... and continue to keep sending vibes of hope and peace
to the Israeli's...
Noreen

.........and every other innocent involved!
Sofia D

Yes, Sofia... I MEANT to say that!

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-3, 07/28/2006
Tested: 7/28/2006 11:17:13 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006