scarf pattern for all

Old October 14th 03, 11:50 PM
macon

Default scarf pattern for all

I knit the following scarf. 60 inches long.

Using EROS herwool, a 100%Nylon/Polyamid fancy yarn, made in Italy, 50
gm/150 metres (165 yds) A ribbon type yarn.

Chunky machine, 9mm, Tension 10 and hand fed.
Cast-on 20 stitches.
Knit 4 rows,

*Move 2nd stitch from right onto its left side needle. Continue to transfer
stitches (EON) every other needle across the bed. Leave empty needles in
work.
Knit 3 rows.
Repeat *

This will make a lacy looking pattern.

Knit a total of 215 rows. Cast-off loosly.

Fringe if desired. 7 wraps around the small side of a paperback book. This
will use up the left over yarn.

Enjoy,
MAC, On. Ca.

Old October 15th 03, 04:41 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Ooh, sounds lovely. How many balls did you use? Does it curl?

When I knit a ribbed Eros scarf on the machine for a friend who didn't mind
it being narrow, I also used the loosest tension, but I did feed it through
the mast. I managed the ball by putting it in an old coffee can and
threading it out through hole punched in the plastic lid.

| On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:50:15 -0400, "macon" wrote:

I knit the following scarf. 60 inches long.

Using EROS herwool, a 100%Nylon/Polyamid fancy yarn, made in Italy, 50
gm/150 metres (165 yds) A ribbon type yarn.

Chunky machine, 9mm, Tension 10 and hand fed.
Cast-on 20 stitches.
Knit 4 rows,

*Move 2nd stitch from right onto its left side needle. Continue to transfer
stitches (EON) every other needle across the bed. Leave empty needles in
work.
Knit 3 rows.
Repeat *

This will make a lacy looking pattern.

Knit a total of 215 rows. Cast-off loosly.

Fringe if desired. 7 wraps around the small side of a paperback book. This
will use up the left over yarn.

Enjoy,
MAC, On. Ca.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old October 15th 03, 11:31 PM
macon

One ball. 215 rows, left me with enough for fringe.
Yes it does curl, but it seems to add to its niceness. I used a
turquoise/yellow varigated.
It is $14.95 a ball here in Ontario, but is readily available in numerous
colours.
I'm very pleased with it.

MAC, On.Ca

Old October 16th 03, 01:24 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:31:04 -0400, "macon" wrote:

One ball. 215 rows, left me with enough for fringe.
Yes it does curl, but it seems to add to its niceness. I used a
turquoise/yellow varigated.
It is $14.95 a ball here in Ontario, but is readily available in numerous
colours.
I'm very pleased with it.

Thanks. I may just try it. It's $9.95US per ball around here. I've made a
few garter stitch straight scarves and triangles as gifts, but only the one
on the machine, so far.

Old October 17th 03, 12:43 AM
Posey

I tried this on my bulky machine and you have to cast on an odd number of
stitches so as to not have 2 left on an edge. It did look quite nice, and
you can use the shorter eyelash, such as the one made by Lion Brand which I
found at Michael's this afternoon. I attempted long eyelash, Trendsetter,
and spent quite a bit of time picking out the lashes. I have seen it
suggested that fluffing in the dryer set on no heat works, but haven't tried
that.

Posey

Old December 1st 03, 04:48 PM
Joy Hardie

Do you happen to have a picture of your scarf? Anyone made this have
a picture to share? I want to make some scarfs for my couple best
friends but since I don't use my machines much....was hoping for some
visual inspiration! I have a standard and bulky punchard machines
and bunches of 4-ply wool and mohair. Would this work?
Thanks.
Joy