Update on the Hanami Shawl

Old January 18th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Update on the Hanami Shawl

Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done (64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:

http://tinyurl.com/yusn2v

I hope the link works, I'm still getting used to Photobucket. ;)

Shelagh

Old January 18th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"YarnWright" wrote in message

Shelagh. . .
The link didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean anything, as I'm not at

my
own computer, using someone elses' "Mac"....
Where would one find the PATTERN???
Thanks,
Noreen
(who is busy offline with my Mom's cancer issues, broken hip, etc...)

Try this:
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...namiChart1.jpg
or this;
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...namiChart1.jpg

Here's a link to the pattern:
http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/02/hanami.html

I hope one of the Photobucket links work.... let me know which one does.

Old January 18th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shillelagh wrote:
Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done (64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:

http://tinyurl.com/yusn2v

*drool* Oh, I want to learn to knit that well! I can't even knit 10
rows of Steri-Strips with increases and decreases without making mistakes.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old January 18th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Shillelagh wrote:
Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done

(64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:

http://tinyurl.com/yusn2v

*drool* Oh, I want to learn to knit that well! I can't even knit 10
rows of Steri-Strips with increases and decreases without making mistakes.

So that link worked for you then? Good.

S.

Old January 18th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ande

Shillelagh wrote:
My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done (64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:
Shelagh

Hi, I'm new here and just love this shawl! It looks a bit tough for me,
but I can dream and drool . Where did you get your stitch markers -
they're lovely!

Ande
Old January 18th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shillelagh wrote:
*drool* Oh, I want to learn to knit that well! I can't even knit 10
rows of Steri-Strips with increases and decreases without making mistakes.

So that link worked for you then? Good.

Yes, it worked for me -- and sorry, my text expander I use for work
expanded "stst" (stocking stich) into "Steri-Strips." *red face*

Old January 19th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Ande" wrote in message

Hi, I'm new here and just love this shawl! It looks a bit tough for me,
but I can dream and drool . Where did you get your stitch markers -
they're lovely!

Ande

Hi Ande, and welcome! Thanks for your nice comments. A friend
from Australia sent the stitch markers to me in a knitting buddy
exchange. I agree with you, they are beautiful.

Shelagh

Old January 19th 08, 09:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi these are quite easy to make here is a link to a web page showing you how
http://www.wormspit.com/stitchmarkers.htm
hth...higz......Cher
SNIP

Old January 19th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Karlisa" wrote in message
WOW! It's beautiful, Shelagh!! The close-up photo made me want to reach
out and touch it, too. lol. I'll bet it's even prettier IRL. Good job!

lisa

Thanks! This is a very different shawl in that the designer has one design
on
one end and it transitions through to a completely different design on the
other.

Shelagh

Shawl update Wooly Yarn 1 August 23rd 06 09:24 PM
Silk Shawl update LLWeisse Yarn 0 March 30th 04 10:30 PM
Update *shawl* PHOTO Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 12 September 1st 03 12:11 AM
Update *shawl* Cher Yarn 0 August 28th 03 10:07 AM
Shawl update SlinkyToy Yarn 34 August 8th 03 04:25 PM