Platinum Glaze

Old March 17th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
[email protected]

Default Platinum Glaze

Hello,

I am interested in obtaining Platinum glaze. Does anyone here have
any knowledge on the subject or where can I obtain the glaze or indeed
some information on same.

TIA,

Andy

I am interested in obtaining Platinum glaze. Does anyone here have
any knowledge on the subject or where can I obtain the glaze or indeed
some information on same.

TIA,

Andy

[I've never heard of platinum glaze. Most glazes are based on metallic
oxides, but platinum doesn't form oxides - that's what makes it valuable. If
there were such a thing, it would be prohibitively expensive anyway. There
are platinum lustres - is that what you're looking for? These are put on
over a glaze, and can be used economically. They fire to a much lower
temperature than the glaze itself.]

Andrew Werbywww.unitedartworks.com- Hide quoted text -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Pifoto...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for reply. An item like the above has 'Platinum' on it. Is this
metal or something else.

Thanks

Andy

Old March 18th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Susie

In message .com,
writes
On Mar 17, 9:30 pm, "Andrew Werby"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Pifoto...QQitemZ2700996
37996QQcategoryZ96757QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Thanks for reply. An item like the above has 'Platinum' on it. Is this
metal or something else.

Thanks

Andy

I would have thought pretty certainly platinum and gold lustres, on a
white glaze. Have a look at

www.potterycrafts.co.uk

and check their own lustres range. Horrendous price for platinum and a
decent gold. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for, but
you could also look through their glazes to see if there's anything
that's similar. Suppliers in other countries are going to have something
very similar I would imagine. Hope this helps. Has anybody else got any
other suggestions?

Susie

--
Susie Thompson
If you can't stand the heat, don't tickle the dragon!

Platinum Rings - all the same? Toby Newman Jewelry 5 July 14th 06 04:51 PM
Platinum & Titanium Wooding Jewelry 10 November 6th 04 07:47 AM
platinum engraver Galileo Jewelry 0 June 19th 04 03:30 AM
about platinum extreme Jewelry 20 April 2nd 04 04:53 AM
Anybody with Husqvarna Platinum Plus? :) Steppe Flower Needlework 0 March 31st 04 04:52 PM