getting glassy-eyed already.....

Old June 1st 04, 05:06 PM
Sjpolyclay

Default getting glassy-eyed already.....

oh me, oh my.....D&L Glass in Boulder is sooooooooooooo overwhelmingly full of
Cool Stuff to Make Hot. Books in profusion were all available...and the glass
colors...o, o, oh. We wandered and picked....got a BIG kiln with a window that
we go back today with a truck to haul out of there, got a big box of glass
pieces in a huge array of colors---yea for sampler packs--and bottles of frit,
stringers, noodles....

my friends with the fireproofed room will be getting into fused glass
first...then as I learn more we will be lampworking. And I have a really strong
yearning to learn to make artglass itself...those chalks and things looked
FUN...I love to color, why not on glass? And the molds...why, I could make
those too!!!!!

so, I'm off to learn more!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old June 1st 04, 05:35 PM
Karin Cernik

So where exactly is this place? I was in Boulder last August, looking
for a glass place (you know, travel and shop - had already hit the paper
place and the cool yarn store :-) but couldn't find any glass places.
Finally ended up at a glassblowing shop, but they didn't have anything
but finished pieces for sale - sat and watched them work with dd for a
while. Swore I wasn't going to get interested in *that*, but the more I
see... :-)

Karin

Old June 1st 04, 05:38 PM
starlia

Sounds like you got it back. hehehehe

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old June 1st 04, 07:24 PM
Dr. Sooz

WOW!

We wandered and picked....got a BIG kiln with a window that
we go back today with a truck to haul out of there, got a big box of glass
pieces in a huge array of colors---yea for sampler packs--and bottles of
frit,
stringers, noodles....

my friends with the fireproofed room will be getting into fused glass
first...then as I learn more we will be lampworking. And I have a really
strong
yearning to learn to make artglass itself...those chalks and things looked
FUN...I love to color, why not on glass? And the molds...why, I could make
those too!!!!!

so, I'm off to learn more!!
Sarajane

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old June 1st 04, 08:26 PM
Sjpolyclay

So where exactly is this place? I was in Boulder last August, looking
for a glass place (you know, travel and shop - had already hit the paper
place and the cool yarn store :-) but couldn't find any glass places.

Its in an industrial park, way towards the back---you'd never see it if you
weren't looking hard. The landmark that DOES show--and will get you directions
from any you ask--is the go-go bar/"gentlemen's club" called the Bus Stop and
it is right out front/next door. Also there is a little bar/eatery called the
Maya or something like that--I can recommend the margaritas to wash away any
lingering glass dust after a heavy shopping spree.

Old June 1st 04, 08:28 PM
Sjpolyclay

Sounds like you are having a ba-last!!

it was a real feast to the eyes there.....and I don't have but a few clues yet
about how it all works, but I will eventually!!!! If only by reading all about
it!

Old June 1st 04, 08:28 PM
Sjpolyclay

Sounds like you got it back. hehehehe

Starlia, I can see why all you glass workers get so enthused!!!!

Old June 1st 04, 08:30 PM
Sjpolyclay

WOW!

Sooz, its way cool and yet overwhelming too---I'm glad to tag along and learn,
and gladder still that its not my primary thing to have to learn it fast.
Better to learn it slow and thorough.....what with the fires aspect and all!