100 Mile Yard Sale OTish

Old May 28th 04, 06:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

the one
along Highway 127 that starts in Kentucky, goes through Tennessee and ends
in Alabama - 450 miles worth!! This year is the 17th year for the sale and
I wish I could talk my long-haul trucker husband into going. Wouldn't it be
fun to have a 53' trailer to fill up with stuff??? LOL!!

Hey! That way, we could all go, and have a way to get our stuff back (at least
to Oregon)!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 28th 04, 06:03 PM
Candace

WE GET TO GO TODAY! Score! I'm gonna go take a quick nap (almost no sleep
last night) and then we are So gone!

Dh came home early from work today..YaY!

~Candace~

Old May 28th 04, 07:17 PM
Mj

Think we could fill up that trailer with beads???? That would be
approximately 50,000 pounds of beads we could legally haul. Give or take a
few Swarovskis...

LOL!!

Mj

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
the one
along Highway 127 that starts in Kentucky, goes through Tennessee and

ends
in Alabama - 450 miles worth!! This year is the 17th year for the sale

and
I wish I could talk my long-haul trucker husband into going. Wouldn't it

be
fun to have a 53' trailer to fill up with stuff??? LOL!!

Hey! That way, we could all go, and have a way to get our stuff back (at

least
to Oregon)!
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 28th 04, 08:57 PM
Valerie2

Does anyone know if there's any way to look up addresses/dates of yard
sales? We're going to be in Nashville for a week in August and it would
be fun to check out some yard sales while there.

Valerie

Old May 29th 04, 01:27 AM
Candace

Okay..we didn't go today, for a couple reasons. That nap I took/ Once it
started, I couldn't end it! I was SO tired.

Also, when Adam was giving Tyler a bath, there was a bit of an accident. We
don't have a bathtub, so Tyler gets his baths in a big plastic bin set on the
shower floor. When Adam stood up to get the towel, Tyler stood up too, and
slipped. He cut his face open, just to the outside corner of his right eye.
Nothing insanely serious, but not condusive to dragging him out and up and down
the freeway today. Plus, I wanted to "watch" that eye, and make sure there was
nothing to be really worried about.

But tomorrow! we are there.

~Candace~

Old May 29th 04, 02:06 AM
Dr. Sooz

Think we could fill up that trailer with beads???? That would be
approximately 50,000 pounds of beads we could legally haul. Give or take a
few Swarovskis...

YEAH BABY!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 30th 04, 07:07 AM
Christina Peterson

One hundred miles of yard sales!!

I'll tell you, a house fire cured my of liking shopping. Besides, it's only
fun with money to spend.

Tina

"Candace" wrote in message
This weekend is the 100 Mile Yard sale in Southeastern MO. I've always

wanted
to go to a mega yard sale like this, and now I get to! It's actually more

than
a hundred miles worth because there are sales on side streets and in

close-by
storage facilities. I am shaking with all the possibilites of great

beading
finds!

I actually had a dream last night, in which some of the pics from the B&B

Show
melded with my idea of a "classic" looking yard sale---and in my dream, I
picked up a gross of different colored 8mm Austrian Faceted Crystals for 3
bucks. HA! Dream on, Candace!

It started yesteray, and goes on thru Memorial Day. Oh Man I can't wait!

~Candace~

Old May 30th 04, 11:23 PM
Candace

Okay, I'm sufficently recovered from the heat and humidity yesterday to post
about the yard sale

Well, we covered roughly 25 miles of the route, in about 6 hours. The very
first place we stopped was at the farm of the lady who started the whole thing,
6 years ago. I shook her hand and thanked her for starting something that made
so many people happy

We were off to a good start there--I found a 1935-1950 era Lisner choker, with
incredible brushed gold beads and 7mm crystals--for a DOLLAR! I also found
some old black and white photographs for Sooz--which she mistakenly believes
she's going to pay me back for..HA! Those should be in the mail Tuesday at
lunch, btw
At the next one, I found a very, very, very patina'd (sp) silver over copper
thingie, stamped MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN. I'm still trying to figure out what
it is--it's short, with a fluted foot, a grape bunch motiff, and has two
handles, one on either side of the "cup". Got that for a whopping 50 cents.
At the next stop, Darian found some toys for super cheap. (I gave him 5 bucks
in quarters, in a crocheted bag, hung around his neck. He loves having his own
money to spend.) I found a chian necklace that has these really pretty beads on
it..like a donut that you string a bead into the center of, not sure what they
are called.

Following that, Darian found a huge robot that still works, mostly, with a
bunch of accessories, for 3 bucks. He talked the lady down to 2.50 (that's my
son!!!)

Next, we hit a HUGE group of sales, a lot of which was flea market stuff (and
ignored by us) and I bought one of the few V.C. Andrews books I didn't have,
and this gorgeous old necklace that I'm almost certain is Lucite or Bakelite
(gotta do some research on those before I know) That chick ripped me off with
an attitude, but I wanted it pretty badly, so I got it.
Darian and Adam found the one thing Darian wanted to find all day, a brand new
copy of the movie Inspector Gadget, for 5 bucks.(we helped him out with that
one, since we had all given up hope of finding it, and told him to spend his
money elsewhere) Dare is now a HAPPY CAMPER. Adam found two comic books that
will complete some sets he has, so he's happy too

After that, Adam just dropped me off at one side of sales, and picked me up on
the other, so I could ask if people were selling jewelry/beads. NOBODY had
anything..I was seriously disapointed. Apparently last year was big for
jewelry, and what little anyone had that was worth anything, the antique
dealers grabbed up early Thursday morning SO, I know now to get my butt out
there bright and early on the first day of next year's sale.

We would have stayed out there longer but for a few hindering factors--the
humidity was insane (it was supposed to rain and didn't) and it got to the kids
a lot faster than expected--the lack of "finds" was disapointing--and the car
is screaming to have work on it, and we worried that it may not make it home.
So, after 6 hours, we came home.

Better luck next year!

~Candace~

Old May 31st 04, 06:27 AM
Shirley Shone

It sounds as if your thingy made in Japan could be a wine tasters cup.
Maybe for saki.
Shirley

In message , Candace
writes