Help sizes

Old April 29th 04, 11:00 PM
Joanna

Default Help sizes

Ok I tried to google and couldn't find it. What are the measurements for
quilts? Queen? Twin? Etc..
Thanx
Joanna
--
Remove Quilt to reply

Old April 29th 04, 11:33 PM
Jeri

http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...iltingtwo.html
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old April 30th 04, 04:31 PM
Dr. Quilter

Jeri wrote:
http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...iltingtwo.html

am I the only one that makes quilts whatever size they want to be and
then hopes they are large enough for the relevant bed?

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
Old April 30th 04, 11:02 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Probably not. I usually start with something close to the relevant size
in EQ5 and then the dimensions change as I design the quilt.

Maureen

Old May 1st 04, 06:00 AM
NightMist

Jeri wrote:
http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...iltingtwo.html

am I the only one that makes quilts whatever size they want to be and
then hopes they are large enough for the relevant bed?

I sort of do.
I have a target size in my head, and work the quilt out to be
'thereabouts'.
I usually will think in a standard size though, but not all my crib
quilts (for example), are 45x60. Sometimes they are 48x54, or 50x50
or 40x65, or 36x72 (preemie twins). I just figure out what I want to
do, and design to get close to a size appropriate to the recipient.
The size appropriate to the recipient, more often than not, is based
on the size of the recipient, not their bed. My 6'6" uncle got one
that was 96x120, based on the fact that he is a complete blanket hog
and frequently complains that his feet stick out and get cold. Word
from my Aunt is that both of them are warm under it, and he no longer
needs to wear socks to bed. Another bedtime trauma resolved by the
mad stitcher! (G)
So, sort of.

NightMist

--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old May 1st 04, 08:20 AM
Joanna

No, I do almost the same. I just use the measurements as a guide. They
never end up even close to what they should be but they never end up
less and that's all I shoot for.
Joanna