Got a Husqevarna!

Old October 31st 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

Default Got a Husqevarna!

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:35:01 +1100, "ant" wrote:

Since
these wider-legged trousers came out, taking up hems on them is a total
pain sewing by hand. It takes forever!

I just top-stitch the hems on pants. If someone ever grovels at my
feet, he is unlikely to criticize my sewing.

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing
Old October 31st 07, 10:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
ant[_2_]

Kate XXXXXX wrote:

Between the foot, the needle position, and the stitch width
adjustment, you should be able to set the machine up to take a couple
of threads and no more out of the outside fabric of the hem, along
the fold. It does take a bit of practice, but it can be done, even
on knits. It's invisible on the outside when adjusted correctly. I
can do it on my Bernina 1005. Just keep practicing and take it
slowly.

I wondered about that. I adjusted the stitch length to smaller/shorter, and
the result was heaps better on some linen. But the stretch fabric I tried it
on was no good. The thread didn't match at all and it was making big ugly
stitches, so I did it by hand.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old November 6th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
betsey

On Oct 28, 5:57?am, "ant" wrote:
I went to Sew Simple in Philip, Canberra, that someone recommended last
week. Heaps of 2nd hand machines, but ended up going with a
mildly-computerised husquevarna. They reckoned it's easy to use, and it
didn't have heaps of embroidry stiches (didn't want that stuff). They're
servicing it now (included in price) and I get it next week.

Thanks for all the advice about what to buy!

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:
I'm borrowing that of the latest
scammer/spammer

I have a 350--totally love it! congrats on a good machine--

betsey