AD- Phew! Beads in the Tillerman Beads shop

Old August 18th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Default AD- Phew! Beads in the Tillerman Beads shop

We're going to the GBUK bead fair next week in Stourbridge, which is a
two-day bead fair and Mike's been working like mad to build up stock
for the show.

The problem is where to store the beads till then? The First Mate
decided after watching 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' for the
umpteenth time that the best way was to put them on tv, but we
discussed it in depth and decided that we'd miniaturize them all and
stick them online.

Well, he IS only 7 but it seemed like a great idea to him, so there
they are. All miniaturized and put online till next weekend.

If you want anything from the shop, we'll see what can be done to
reconstitute them and get them in the post.

Yes, it's been a long summer holiday and no, I'm not looking forward to
school starting in two weeks. I'm starting to LOVE playing the
Augustus Gloop game again and again and again.

Anyway, if you are interested, the beads are there and I'm going to
have a quiet moment in the corner over here

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old August 18th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

It will not be long to the Harrow bead fair now
Shirley

In message .com, Su
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old August 18th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cindy

Su,

Sounds and looks like you guys have been working super hard, best of
luck at the show!!!!!!!!

Cindy

Old August 18th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Shirley Shone wrote:

It will not be long to the Harrow bead fair now
Shirley

OMG, don't remind me! LOL.

Between now and Harrow we have the GBUK fair in Stourbridge, the
Uttoxeter Bead Fair, the Chester Bead Fair and three days in Harrogate
at the Autumn Flower Show.

At least we eat, and pay the bills but we're going to be tired by
December.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old August 18th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Thanks, Cindy.

We're looking forward to the show, it's part of the Glass Biennial that
they hold in Stourbridge, it's going to have lots of all kinds of glass
being shown and courses on various things being held. I was within an
inch of signing up for a big glass course on how to do sculptural work
but the fact we'd never have the facilities for it seemed to be a
deciding factor.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old August 18th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

The exchange rate is killing me right now...! Honestly, I'm still
working through the bunch of focals I bought from you guys last year!

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Junky

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old August 18th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

The exchange rate is killing me right now...! Honestly, I'm still
working through the bunch of focals I bought from you guys last year!

I know! It's murder for us too as we essentially sell at half price if
we list in any US-based auction site.

But it's all good, really. There are always beads out there to be
looked at and enjoyed.

:-D

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old August 19th 06, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
AuRose

Su wrote:
Thanks, Cindy.

We're looking forward to the show, it's part of the Glass Biennial that
they hold in Stourbridge, it's going to have lots of all kinds of glass
being shown and courses on various things being held. I was within an
inch of signing up for a big glass course on how to do sculptural work
but the fact we'd never have the facilities for it seemed to be a
deciding factor.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

It certainly sounds as if there are a lot of experienced beaders
online-i live in New Brunswick-across the pond-and beading is just
beginning to develop in a big way in this province. That means that we
are generally behind in terms of sources of supply. Particularly with
art beads-lampwork, dichoric and gemstones. I have been considering a
small business to supply higher end product. The increased interest in
beading certainly bodes well for it being a viable effort if one begins
on a reasonable scale and looks at those specific 'niche' markets.
What i have been reading suggests that a large number of you could be
great resources in the effort. if anyone has any specific references
or sources that might be of value I hope you will pass them on.
have fun at the fair-I would.
Thank God there are no calories in eye candyLOL

Cindy
PS sculptural work has its fascinations alright when you add another
dimension your perspective has to change and you have to modify an
approach to fit the change. Don't give up you don't have to take on
things the size of the David.

Old August 19th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Cindy wrote:

It certainly sounds as if there are a lot of experienced beaders
online-i live in New Brunswick-across the pond-and beading is just
beginning to develop in a big way in this province. That means that we
are generally behind in terms of sources of supply

It's not much better here in the UK really, we don't have massive
resources. Thank heavens for Tuffnell Glass, Martin and Teresa have
been godsends to us in getting things going with supplies.

What i have been reading suggests that a large number of you could be
great resources in the effort. if anyone has any specific references
or sources that might be of value I hope you will pass them on.

I'm sure that if you ask, someone will be happy to tell what they know.
We're good like that here.

have fun at the fair-I would.

Oh, it will be fun. Interesting but fun! :-D

Thank God there are no calories in eye candyLOL

So true or I'd have the fattest eyes in the world.

PS sculptural work has its fascinations alright when you add another
dimension your perspective has to change and you have to modify an
approach to fit the change. Don't give up you don't have to take on
things the size of the David.

True but it was more the idea of convincing our landlord and Mike that
I needed the materials to work glass, like a huge kiln and the rest for
blowing glass or working BIG sculpted items which is what the course
would have been.

I have a hollow mandrel now that someone sent me and I plan to have a
play with that, inspired by Tink but I doubt I'll be showing off my
efforts for a while.

Good luck with your project and ask for resources, someone here should
be able to point you in the right direction if they know the answer.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk