Dollhouse siding

Old July 15th 04, 02:48 AM
Carl

Default Dollhouse siding

I saw a dollhouse where the siding was machined into the exterior walls.

I wonder if anyone has any info on this and perhaps where I can purchase it.

Thanks much

Carl

Old July 15th 04, 03:12 AM
Scopata Fuori

"Carl" wrote in message
news
I saw a dollhouse where the siding was machined into the exterior walls.

I wonder if anyone has any info on this and perhaps where I can purchase

it.

Real Good Toys makes them. Most dollhouse shops carry them.

Scopata Fuori

Old July 15th 04, 03:50 PM
John Fowler

What you are seeing is called "Milled siding". In kits it comes as
milled MDF or milled plywood. Some of the dollhouse manufactures offer
sheets of the milled panels, but usually they just have pre-cut panels
for replacement of damaged panels that are in their various kits.
Another option is to skin your dollhouse in siding. There are sheets
about 3.5" x 24" x 1/16" thick that can be applied to the dollhouse, or
individual strips of lap siding. I have used all of the above and fine
that the individual strips look the best, either painted or left natural.

John Fowler
The little Dollhouse Company
888-763-8966
www.thelittledollhousecompany.com
Old July 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Carol - S P Miniatures

I have to agree with you that the milled plywood or MDF is not as nice
looking as the panels. The premilled stuff seems to be flatter than the
panels and not as realistic looking. It's certainly easy to put on the
siding, although it can get expensive if a lot is needed.

Carol
S P Miniatures
www.spminiatures.com