OT - Please Help Ladies!! Restroom Etiquette - Your Opinions Needed!!

Old December 28th 04, 05:58 PM
Butterfly

Thank you : ) Makes me feel lots better as DH often is my driver to these
events : )
Butterfly
"miriam "mim" spencer" wrote in message
They had one on each floor and in the smoking room for the boys

Mim
"Butterfly" wrote in message
That was 'nice' but obviously they hadn't taken 'gents--hubbies/SO's'/bus
drivers' into consideration........
Butterfly
"Thomas A. McKean" wrote in message
I went to a quilt show at Lords Polo club in London -- an all male
sports
club -- the restrooms had paper signs "ladies" on the doors and the
urinals
had pots of flowers in them -- wouldn't do to shock the ladies

Yeah I saw that once in the early nineties. I was speaking at a
conference and
I went into the mens room. I saw the flowers and I couldn't figure out
why
they were there. So I went in the stall and sat down. All these ladies
came
and I couldn't figure that out, either.

Then when I left, I saw the paper "Ladies" sign and it all made sense.

Boy was I embarrassed!

Thomas

http://www.thomasamckean.com
Colonel, HOKC
Member, ASA, Board of Directors, 1992-1994, 1997-2000
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light On the Horizon: A Deeper View From Inside the Autism
Puzzle

Old December 28th 04, 08:51 PM
Cappy

A friend of mine has an outhouse on her summer property in the mountains.
The sign is "No Dumping."

grin

Cappy
"miriam "mim" spencer" wrote in message
.. .
the over 100 yr old victorian summer house that Doug and I have just
acquired has an outhouse -- (no indoor facilities) YET -- In the outhouse
are two signs -- one says "make all deliveries in the rear" the other says
"No Standing either side' -- with arrows pointing -- it is a two holer. I
had to take a pix of the signs.
We are thinking of leaving the outhouse because it is on a hiking trail --
and it is away from the house.

mim
"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:21:25 GMT, "Pauline O'Connell"
wrote:

Whenever I have visited France, I have been fortunate enough to always
have
access to a ladies restroom. The worst I had to deal with was no toilet
seats (easily remedied with toilet paper). I am happy to say that every
country I have ever been in has had separate facilities for the sexes &
toilet paper & all those goodies. Although, when in Hungary, if we

used
public facility - such as at the zoo - there was always a lady attendant
in
the rest rooms happily doling out ONE SQUARE OF TISSUE! I know my

sister
has traveled to Turkey & they have a lot of holes in the ground in even
the
finer establishments. I'm sure there are lots of - what we would
consider -
horror stories about bathroom facilities in other countries. When I was

child, we lived in Australia & often, when we would go for a Sunday

drive
in
the country, we'd have to use "outhouses" - Sharon, et al, are they

still
in
existence?

Recently, in Russia, I stumbled upon public toilets where the men's
was out of order so the whole queue was using the one labelled as
"women's". There was no seat on the toilet. There was no loo roll.
I had learnt to carry a wad in my coat pocket by this point in time.
I was just happy to find a toilet. I found 2 public toilets in St.
Petersburg when I was there, and there are nearly 5 million people
living there. Hence, all the alleyways smell of urine.
At the dacha, there was an outhouse. There were dried paper towels
(how's that for recycling?) in a tin can in the spider-infested
outhouse. Pull the spiders off, use the dried paper-towels.... or
again, bring your own roll.
There were many habits I came home with, and carrying a roll of loo
roll everywhere with me was one of them.

-- Jo in Scotland