Bead & Button Show - Ongoing Report

Old June 24th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default I survived the Bead and Button Show

Having had the pleasure and joy of spending a day with Carla, I would
have to second this with a resounding "Amen, Sistah!"

~Candace~

wrote:

However, I have to say I'd get together again with Carla any time!
Had a wonderful time.

Old June 26th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default Bead & Button Show - Ongoing Report

and I quote: "...took Lisa Pavelka's Collage in Clay. She
reminds me of Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich"

Did you know Lisa was a stand-in for Julia Roberts, as well? Yup--I believe
it was Ocean's 11.

Deb

"twinkiesmom" wrote in message
oups.com...

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Having a great time at the show - met lots of folks, although I missed
some folks yesterday as I was late getting out of class. I've been
hanging out with JanG, chatted with Beki a bit and am still trying to
hook up with Patti.

My classes so far have been great and I have one more on Sunday morning.
So far I've taken:

Spiny Knotted Bracelet with Stephanie Sersich
Woven beads in Clay with Diane Villano
Metal Clay Book Pendant with Louise Duhamel

Meeting lots of vendors, too. I had a great convo with Matthew Cole of
Indo Expo/ Qui Clasps, spoke to Paula Best regarding the her beads and
charms and saw some WONDERFUL quality stones from Bonita, plus another
couple of stone vendors that caught my eye.

The lampwork selection is as amazing as you'd expect - the best of the
best are here. I've fondled clay beads from Grant Diffendaffer and Klew,
plus a few others. Some amazing metal clay work from Kelly Russell and
ceramic beads of all sorts are very big this year - many vendors!
Disappointed, yet again, that there were no polymer clay vendors. Did
see the Swarvoski and Rio Grande exhibits. Swarovski's exhibit featured
the winners of last year's contest and they were heavily pushing folks
to enter this year's contest. Met the editor of Step by Step beads -
lovely woman!

Sarda was there with their new jewelry line including some exceptional
pendants with stones and dichro. Very top-notch.

Silver prices last night were all over the place - there were even
variations within the true Bali and Hill Tribe markets.

I actually bought very little last night - missed a couplel must-see
vendors, so I'll be heading back to the show floor before it ends and
hope for the best.

Pics to follow...!.

--
Barbara

Barb,
I was there on Saturday...took Lisa Pavelka's Collage in Clay. She
reminds me of Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich.

I also did not purchase many beads...too spoiled by selection at
Intergem. I was thrilled with the Whole Lotta Whimsey booth...They had
a wide variety of tools from other media that they applied to silver
clay. I bought some really tiny punches and some metal tools. Some of
the prices were really good (an entire metal alphabet set for $10).

Mary

Old June 26th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default Bead and Button Show/Ravensdale

Hi Meredith,

I don't doubt that it's a wonderful experience and worth every dollar.
Sometimes, there just aren't any dollars to spare, ya know?

Cheers,
Carla

Meredith wrote:
Hi Carla,
I think the one thing that isn't explained on the website or in the
catalog is about the Community Work Area at Ravensdale - it makes it
even more worthwhile to go. The Community Work Area is open 24 hours a
day and every registrant gets table space to park their gear during the
whole time they are there. This is because people come from all over
the world from different time zones.

There is room for about 125 in the main work area and man, it is the
coolest. Everybody shares ideas, techniques, supplies, you name it...
It's a huge learning experience all by itself at any time of day.

Because people hate to leave their work area in the evenings to go to
special events, etc. there is some entertainment right in the Community
Work Area. There is a stage at one end of the audotorium so you can
still work on clay stuff or whatever without interruption! (YES some
folks are addicted) =)

It's a great community to experience and make really great friends
and new work all at the same time!

Meredith