scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Old November 20th 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chris_Signe

Default scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Hi ,
I'm looking for a knit pattern for a neck scarf. It was knit in a fine yarn.
It is very narrow (maybe an inch wide) at each end widening out in the
middle portions. There appeared to be a eyelet ( little hole) every so
often in the pattern. It wraps completely around the neck once and ends
hang to midriff although I'm sure it can be any length one would want. Has
anyone seen something like this pattern? thanks, Signe

Old November 23rd 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Old November 24th 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

There are like THOUSANDS of patterns for scarves in every style
imaginable, so unless you have a picture, you are probably not going to
find the exact pattern you want and may have to settle for something
similar.

Old November 28th 09, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chris_Signe

Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty much a beginning knitter. I could
probably come up with something similar but I am looking for any helps and
hints. I don't have a picture as I saw it around someone's neck. It
appeared to be just smooth, what I would call sweater knit, with small
eyelet holes in it in a planned pattern. I was thinking that maybe it was
CO with 4 or so stitches and then increased/decreased to the other end. The
tiny holes have me a bit buffaloed. Thanks, Signe

"Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Old November 28th 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Chris_Signe wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty much a beginning knitter. I could
probably come up with something similar but I am looking for any helps and
hints. I don't have a picture as I saw it around someone's neck. It
appeared to be just smooth, what I would call sweater knit, with small
eyelet holes in it in a planned pattern. I was thinking that maybe it was
CO with 4 or so stitches and then increased/decreased to the other end. The
tiny holes have me a bit buffaloed. Thanks, Signe

Okay, I have two options for you:

1. Try Lion Brand Yarns to see if the pattern is the

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi

2. See if any of these stitches look like the pattern you remember.

http://knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

Old November 28th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Sorry -- I forgot about one other place for knitting stitches:

http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/Al...TOKEN=73928912

Best of luck in your endeavors. I found http://www.knittinghelp.com to
be a great help to learn how to do things -- lots of videos there that
you can play while you copy what the video is doing.
Old November 28th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Chris_Signe wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty much a beginning knitter. I could
probably come up with something similar but I am looking for any helps and
hints. I don't have a picture as I saw it around someone's neck. It
appeared to be just smooth, what I would call sweater knit, with small
eyelet holes in it in a planned pattern. I was thinking that maybe it was
CO with 4 or so stitches and then increased/decreased to the other end. The
tiny holes have me a bit buffaloed. Thanks, Signe

The small holes would just be eyelets, a k2tog, yo combination. You're
probably right about the construction - CO with just a few sts and
increase on both ends of the RS rows until it's the width you want, then
just knit straight for the length and dec both sides till you're to the
same number of sts you CO. Sweater knit is called stockinette st, btw,
knit one row, purl the next and alternate.

sue
Old November 28th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Chris_Signe

This did the trick... looks like Simple Eyelet 1 or 2 just spaced further
apart. Of course with this site and the ones Samantha noted I'm going to be
totally distracted now. Thank you so much. Who knew you could do so much
with sticks and yarn? : )

Old November 28th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Chris_Signe wrote:
This did the trick... looks like Simple Eyelet 1 or 2 just spaced further
apart. Of course with this site and the ones Samantha noted I'm going to be
totally distracted now. Thank you so much. Who knew you could do so much
with sticks and yarn? : )

You ain't seen nothin' yet....

sue

Old November 29th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Chris
I curated an exhibition about knitted art works which i called "The
Magic Wands" , because i claim, that there is no difference between a
magician waving a wand saying:" Adra Kadabra!" or us `waving` our
needle[s] and saying:" 2 purl , 3 knit!".
mirjam

Pattern ideas for a lace knit scarf Linda D. Yarn 5 November 4th 08 10:54 PM
Need pattern/stitch for scarf Carol in TN Yarn 19 December 4th 05 01:16 AM
Pattern wanted: Magic Scarf Pattern, expandable version john smith Yarn 9 June 1st 05 07:11 AM
Scarf Knit On The Bias? Brian D Yarn 5 October 9th 04 11:33 PM
scarf pattern for all macon Machine Knit 6 December 1st 03 04:48 PM