What's the largest item you've made?

Old December 19th 05, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Default What's the largest item you've made?

I'm curious about larger items that people make with polymer clay.
What is the largest item you've made? Are there any special things to
consider when making larger things?

So far I've made ornaments and beads. I made my first cane last week.
I made earrings and a bracelet from it...I'M SO HOOKED! I can't wait
to make more canes

Susan

Old December 19th 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Bryan's Flower Power Wagon is the biggest thing we've done so far.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
oups.com...

Old December 20th 05, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

Canework is very addictive. The largest thing I've done so far is to
cover a fairly large vase. I have ideas for some things to try next
year. I've learned a lot lately about covering things from Christi
Friesen. She makes some of the most beautiful covered vessels!

Cheryl

Old December 20th 05, 10:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay

I used to make large wall hangings with Sculpey 3 in the 1980's. I used
sheet metal, collaged a central image, left a rim of metal and then
made a border/frame with clay which also wrapped all around the back. I
had two problems with them after some years, one was cracking from the
metal expanding and contracting at a rate different from the clay, the
other was the two-part epoxy I used to fill them in would sometimes
become sticky. I think the biggest one I did was about 24"x15", it was
on a fairly thick sheet of copper, no epoxy and it held up well. I also
made a life size mask, I used cheesecloth and epoxy to reinforce it but
it was not rigid enough and eventually broke. Now I work on smaller
stuff, I think the clay is better suited to but also Premo is better
than Sculpey 3 for not cracking (so far).