Frappr cufuffle

Old November 17th 05, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Frappr cufuffle

LOL!! girl friend you are a caution - and that's a fact with my hand up. LOL!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"nzlstar*" wrote in message ...
i am calm, just highly amused, a bit bewildered and wondering what would happen if....
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

You only quoted part of the message here - and from the rest of it I don't think they were being mean. The Group does have a moderator and they are entitled to their rules, just as we are entitled to ours.

And when you first posted there about Frappr you actually addressed it "attn moderators". So I don't see that you did anything wrong, and I suspect the mod's in this case were trying to prevent anyone and everyone setting up Frappr maps that would end up overlapping. I don't think they were rapping anyone over the knuckles - they were just trying to avoid confusion.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"nzlstar*" wrote in message ...
after our own frappr map being set up i thot it was so cool i posted about it on a yahoo group.
a rather large and also int'l group. i thot it might be something useful for that group too.
holy smokes, i got rapped over the knuckles for that and i just dont see what i did that was so wrong.
it generated a 'special notice' .

heres one line from the special notice with the name of group left out so they dont threaten libel, argh.
*No one* should set up anything like Frappr on the internet
pertaining to/about yahoo group name) and its members unless they have my
permission. Things like Frappr should be handled/administrated by
myself as the list owner and the moderators of this list.

its just all too weird to me. i have replied to the cufuffle on the list, not just to the owners, why hide it?
seems to me folks need to self regulate themselves.
now i wait to see what happens next.
geez, who knew.
jeanne
why do i seem to upset someone by doing something totally innocent, it was a suggestion
Old November 17th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default O.T. Pomegranates Frappr cufuffle

I'm exactly the same way!!! I loved it when I had a pond cuz it takes care
of itself if you just let it alone. LOL

--
LN in NH (Who has been beading more than quilting in the last 2 years)

"Jessamy" wrote in message
actually it *is* possible to kill a Rose of Jericho - in fact it's not so
hard to do at all... in fact it's easier to kill a Rose of Jericho than it
is to kill several other types of plants through sheer neglect , lack of
water for several months and then a monsoon.

believe me I know.. I'm an indoor plant murderess - by doing the exact
same
to my outdoor plants I have a jungle of happy plants and lots of equally
happy birds who visit and when I had my pond still it was a haven for all
kinds of life - from leeches to dragonflies and it was all of 2 feet by 2
1/2 feet and 2 feet deep

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old November 17th 05, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:26:22 GMT, " Ellison"
wrote:

Howdy!
Our "fruitless" pomegranate produced about 3 dozen
fruits this year; I harvested 20 of them this week.
Sometimes I dry them and paint them gold, sometimes I just
watch the colors change and enjoy the view.
This crop may get juiced.

Ragmop/Sandy

How do you know when they are ripe?
How do you eat them? Do they have to be cooked?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old November 17th 05, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Exactly!!

mind you... Dahlias do like being left in the ground over the winter... at
least they do in my garden! I planted them in semi shade and they are trying
to take over!

Old November 17th 05, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
When one of the pomegranates splits open
on the tree/bush, I note the color and texture,
then pick the others before they get to that state. g
Scientific, huh?
How to prepa
http://www.pomegranates.org/nomess.html

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...23,216,00.html

Ragmop/Sandy-- quilting in the sunshine ;-D

Old November 17th 05, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default pomegranates, was Frappr cufuffle

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:53:21 GMT, Elizabeth Young
wrote:

NightMist wrote:
I have pomegranates!
Some friends were going through Sam's Club and they ran across a case
of 4 very large pomegranates. They said they immediately thought of
me because they associate me with Persephone. So they brought them to
me.
The question now becomes, given the association dast I eat them?

pack a suitcase, just in case

liz young in sunny california

Hmmm...when I was going to open one up and share it out they were all
"Oh no! Those are for you!".

If I suddenly vanish for 6 months you had best make propitiation to my
mom and be wheedling Lord Hades. Maybe make him a quilt.

NightMist
Don't forget the hotdogs and apple pie for Lady Eris, she just hates
being snubbed....
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old November 18th 05, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

these frappr maps are voluntary.
i wouldnt put on anyone but me.
i suggested the group might like a map and the owner or one of the
moderators could do the admin much like anne is doing on ours.
i didnt see the reason for the 'special notice' when in fact its turned out
that they have already started a map and i found it and there were only 6 on
it, the owner and moderators, now theres 7. i added myself.
they've still not (last time i looked) told the rest of the group.
neither have i. keeping it quiet if thats what they want for who knows what
reason.
doesnt fuss me. just dont get why my 'suggestion' required such a response
from them.
yes i see it as more a control/power issue than a security issue.
no one has to be on the map if they dont want to.
as an aside. theres nothing to stop me from starting a new map and calling
it something similar to the name of the group. theirs isnt on the directory,
mine could be and i'd bet some would add themselves to my map cuz they dont
know any better. cept its more trouble than its worth, rofl. tis possible
tho.
cheers,
jeanne
off to check their map yet again, see if anyones noticed me there yet
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting

" Ellison" wrote...
Howdy!
I read it as just someone trying to protect the group from
wide-scale exposure. Sure, if the individuals want to sign up
on the map, go for it; but perhaps this moderator is saying
"Don't do the whole group without permission." As moderator
it's her/his responsibility to protect the privacy of the group.
Then again, maybe it's a control issue. g
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out
to get you!"

Ragmop/Sandy

"Frank Reid" ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote in message
*No one* should set up anything like Frappr on the internet
pertaining to/about yahoo group name) and its members unless they have my
permission. Things like Frappr should be handled/administrated by
myself as the list owner and the moderators of this list.

Facts if facts, its called fair use. He/she has not a leg to stand on.
What happens if someone from, say, Venezuela did something like that? I
would pretty much put the person on ignore.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 18th 05, 07:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pomegranates are very good for you. They are a good anti oxident. This
is what is used to make grenadine..a wonderful liqueor. The seeds are
used on chiles in nogada..a national dish of Mexico. They are a real
delicacy. You can buy the concentrate and have a delicious drink that
is tasty and healthy..

OT Frappr info (long!) Anne in CA Quilting 20 November 19th 05 11:00 PM
Frappr photo She in PA Quilting 2 November 15th 05 04:08 AM
OT more Frappr! info Anne in CA Quilting 3 November 14th 05 11:07 PM
Frappr Map Admin Frank Reid Quilting 11 November 14th 05 07:17 PM
Frappr and photos She in PA Quilting 4 November 14th 05 06:49 PM