OT Dear all . . .

Old September 13th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT Dear all . . .

I have been trying to get back to read the ng, but I am
getting access to fewer and fewer posts each day. Some of
the threads have been a bit hard to follow as I only get the
first and last entries, and in between everything has
changed lol

Stitching life here continues as always - classes, classes
and more classes. I am looking forward to some sewing time
for my self over the southern hemisphere summer and I want
to learn more about my "new" embroidery machine and
digitising.

Right now I am in a despondent mood having "blown up" two
sewing machines in less than 12 hours. My beloved Janome 7
(yes, "7" - about 30 years old and the last metal machine
Janome made I think) produced clouds of evil smelling smoke
this morning. I will need a REALLY good repairer to get it
running again. (sigh) And the bobbin motor on the newer
Janome 10001 has given up. No idea why, but it is easy to
fix so not much of a worry. So I am up for a 400km round
trip to drop them off for repairs, and then again to collect
(although I hope to avoid the second trip courtesy of a
visiting friend from the area). I cancelled tonight's class
in case I destroyed anyone else'e machine lol.

Other than that life has the usual ups and downs - the
downs including fencing problems, water shortages, obnoxious
neighbours (escalated to a police matter yesterday), no-show
tradesmen, card eating ATM bank machines and Govt
bureaucracies; the ups being a few lovely quilts finished in
classes, one cat recovered from illness, the promise of
getting my 1000 trees planted in the next few weeks (fingers
crossed for rain!) and living the good life with friends in
the clean country air. Overall - not a bad combination!!

Always happy to read good news on the ng, and ((HUGS)) to
those who need/want them. If I do not post as much these
days it isn't because you are not in my thoughts.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old September 13th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Hi stranger! Congrats on the "finishing a few quilts"!

Oh my.... neighbor problems to the point of the police! Hopefully things
will settle down and let you enjoy the summer (we're heading into autumn
here... temps cooler already)

Crossed fingers for your machine repair. Sometimes the "old" machines are
our most favorite!

1000 trees? Oh my goodness!! Who gets to dig the 1000 holes? YIKES!!!!

Take care...

--
Kate in MI

Old September 13th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Cheryl,

I don't know if you'll ever see this given your access problems, but I'll
try anyway! It's good to hear from you. You've been going through a lot,
haven't you? Neighbor problems, tree plantings, ATM excitement, government
bureaucracy, and all that stuff aside, my sympathies over blowing up your
sewing machines! Nothing personal, but I don't think I'll be inviting you
for a visit any time soon - I think it would be good to keep you away from
my sewing machine!

I hope things calm down for you soon - come back and update us when you can
(and hugs to your recovered kitty).
--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old September 13th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's always good to hear from you; but sorry you are having a basinful
of 'stuff' at the moment. I hope all your hoped-for events do
materialise, and that you start getting better NG supply.
Take care of yourself and have some happy, peaceful times.
..
In message , CATS
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 13th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Hello Cheryl! Glad to see you again. It does sound like life is throwing you
a bunch of tomatoes, but I'm glad you are getting along

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old September 13th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article , "CATS"
wrote:

I have been trying to get back to read the ng, but I am
getting access to fewer and fewer posts each day. Some of
the threads have been a bit hard to follow as I only get the
first and last entries, and in between everything has
changed lol

It's so good to hear from you, Cheryl, and I do hope that your NG server
will begin cooperating and sending you all of the posts again. I've
recently had to resort to trying new ones, too.

I'm glad your kitty is doing better and that some lovely new quilts have
been born, and good luck with the trees. What's this about the neighbors
and the police?!? Gosh, I hope that settles down, too!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Dear Jane? Karen Johnson Quilting 50 March 11th 05 10:19 PM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
OT - Oh dear lord my car :( Kalera Stratton Beads 44 April 29th 04 04:18 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM
Old Dear quilter oldhag Quilting 6 March 23rd 04 05:16 AM