OT - Oh dear lord my car :(

Old April 21st 04, 04:39 PM
Kalera Stratton

Default OT - Oh dear lord my car :(

OK, I have known for a while that my car needed work. It goes through
transmission fluid like there's no tomorrow, the asphalt in my parking
spot is stained from leaking oil, the radiator hose sprung a leak, and a
major hint was when the muffler fell off on I-5. Compared to all that,
the antenna falling off was a minor annoyance.

We're expecting our tax refund this week, so we took the car in... $1500
worth of work. Minimum.

Goodbye, dreams of bunk beds and backyard playsets... goodbye, thoughts
of home improvement... goodbye, fantasies of paying off credit cards...
hello, car.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 21st 04, 04:58 PM
Sjpolyclay

somedays machines really make me grumble.....
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

see my current auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auctionindex.htm

Old April 21st 04, 05:11 PM
Karen_AZ

Oh man, my sympathies! I had a "noise" for over a year, then started leaking
transmisison fluid, then finally the noise got worse. Our lovely vacation to
New Mexico last year was aborted just east of Flagstaff, and we ended up
having to replace the transfer case (like the transmission, but costs more).
Arrrgh!

It's so tough, when your car gets to that stage, to decide whether to take
the plunge and replace the damned thing, or just to persevere. I still have
my Jeep. It will probably die in the desert and take me with it before I
come to my senses. LOL

KarenK

Old April 21st 04, 05:33 PM
Jalynne

((( Kalera))) I KNOW the pain, I really do.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

Old April 21st 04, 05:34 PM
lgreene

Kalera:
Every day when I get into my car, I say a prayer to God/ess that it hangs
on. I really love my car, it's a 92 LeBaron ragtop, only has 110K miles on
it, but is leaking oil.

I have been living on art sales, subbing and life coaching for 3 years since
I was laid off from corporate, and if I have to buy a car, I will seriously
have to think about returning to corporate.

I feel for ya.

Have you looked at freecycle.net or craigslist.org for things..bunk beds and
playsets?

I just got the most beautiful armoire from freecycle here in Massachusetts.
It is amazing the kinds of things people give away so as to not create more
landfill.

Lisa

Old April 21st 04, 05:38 PM
Diana Curtis

I'm so sorry you didnt get to do something more fun with your refund. Its a
vicious cycle. You have to have a car to get to work, you gotta work to
keep the car running. *unless you live close to mass trans or can walk, of
course*
Diana

Old April 21st 04, 06:14 PM
Dr. Sooz

OH CRAP. :-(

Sometimes being an adult just sucks. (Okay, everyone, go look at Kalera's
beads and buy some....not hard to do)

OK, I have known for a while that my car needed work.

~~~~snipped~~~
We're expecting our tax refund this week, so we took the car in... $1500
worth of work. Minimum.

Goodbye, dreams of bunk beds and backyard playsets... goodbye, thoughts
of home improvement... goodbye, fantasies of paying off credit cards...
hello, car.

-Kalera

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 21st 04, 06:42 PM
starlia

Kalera I know your pain, but I have one of those guys that will try to fix
anything. His dad is "Super Mechanic" and DH inherited some of that. I
know it's a total pain to get cars worked on and I really sympathize.

Geesh, just when you are dreaming of bunk beds, playsets....

Old April 21st 04, 06:48 PM
Kandice Seeber

Cars are such a pain in the ass. I know how you feel Kalera. It sucks!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs