I so discouraged I may just quit.

Old June 3rd 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

Default I so discouraged I may just quit.

It must be something other than humidity causing the discoloration.
Abilene is definitely _not_ humid. Whatever the cause, I'm so
relieved!
After this scare, I will not use silver plating again and I'll most
likely sell my collection on ebay. I figure, even if I only get a
little bit for them, it's better than tossing them in the trash.
Of course.. I'm going to keep my jump rings and pins for experimenting
and practice.

-m.
www.jewelrybychaddock.com
Old June 3rd 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Sorry for the duplication.....OE is acting up....

"Heather" wrote in message
Hi Jerry.....

No, never thought of it. Bought them at Sears and they were their own
brand I believe. Spoke to them last week and they suggested clear
nail polish, but will try your alcohol method first.

Old June 3rd 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 2, 4:20 pm, "Heather" wrote:
I have a question about a pair of sterling hoop earrings I
bought......my earlobes start burning in 30 seconds, yet I can wear
really cheap ear wires.

Heather,

the really cheap ear wires (I personally love 'em) are surgical
steel and commonly labeled as hypo-allergenic.

Maren, in Hilo, HI,
where it's rather warm, usually humid (70% RH), and with a lot
of sulfur in the air.
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old June 4th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

"Maren at google" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 4:20 pm, "Heather" wrote:
I have a question about a pair of sterling hoop earrings I
bought......my earlobes start burning in 30 seconds, yet I can wear
really cheap ear wires.

Heather,

the really cheap ear wires (I personally love 'em) are surgical
steel and commonly labeled as hypo-allergenic.

Maren, in Hilo, HI,
where it's rather warm, usually humid (70% RH), and with a lot
of sulfur in the air.

Thanks Maren.....I normally wear 10 karat gold hoops and have for
years.....same 2 pair, lol. Because a lot of the jewellery I make is
silver, I bought these. Think I will look for the ones with surgical
steel wires.

I was just telling my husband today that where you live has a lot of
stuff in the air from the volcanoes I assume. Does it have a bad effect
on silver or gold?

Heather in Toronto, Ontario.

Old June 4th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 3, 1:29 pm, "Heather" wrote:
"Maren at google" wrote in ...

On Jun 2, 4:20 pm, "Heather" wrote:
I have a question about a pair of sterling hoop earrings I
bought......my earlobes start burning in 30 seconds, yet I can wear
really cheap ear wires.

Heather,

the really cheap ear wires (I personally love 'em) are surgical
steel and commonly labeled as hypo-allergenic.

Maren, in Hilo, HI,
where it's rather warm, usually humid (70% RH), and with a lot
of sulfur in the air.

Thanks Maren.....I normally wear 10 karat gold hoops and have for
years.....same 2 pair, lol. Because a lot of the jewellery I make is

I usually wear the same pair of platinum diamond studs since DH
gave them to me. When I wear some of my own, which I usually do,
I wear 2 pairs of earrings in the same hole.

silver, I bought these. Think I will look for the ones with surgical
steel wires.

I was just telling my husband today that where you live has a lot of
stuff in the air from the volcanoes I assume. Does it have a bad effect
on silver or gold?

It does on copper, and on your health. I haven't really noticed bad
effects
on silver or gold, but it may explain why the lobster claw clasps I
thought
were silver color are now a light gold color.

Yes, the bad stuff is from Kilauea Volcano that is currently erupting
in
2 places. One for about 25 years, the other (summit crater) one only
since earlier this year.

Maren

Old June 28th 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Every once in a while someone will get me silver plate. I save all my
oddballs, silver plate, stuff that I'm given, etc, and even rocks, that is
not up to my standards and send it to a teacher I know out in the Bush. The
kids get to see different things, and it's only $10 for the flat rate box
(even if I fill it with 50 lbs of nails, as some contractors do).

Tina

PLEASE Quit DA Yarn 6 May 17th 06 09:26 PM
discouraged & hunting some on- topic posts to be inspired????????? Kris Bishop Quilting 29 October 12th 05 01:36 PM
Getting discouraged Diane Quilting 9 November 14th 04 03:32 PM
I Think I bit off more than I can Chew? Am Discouraged!!!!! [email protected] Yarn 18 May 14th 04 09:04 PM
I Think I bit off more than I can Chew? Am Discouraged!!!!! Aud Yarn 4 May 10th 04 08:21 PM