any loom knitting here?

Old July 8th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Iriss

Default any loom knitting here?

Any loom knitters here?

Old July 8th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Iriss" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any loom knitters here?

What's a loom knitter?

Mary

Old July 8th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Iriss wrote:
Any loom knitters here?

I have some KK looms, and I know there are a number of loom knitting
lists on Yahoogroups.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old July 8th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Iriss" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any loom knitters here?

What's a loom knitter?

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

There are straight looms, double-knitting looms, and circular looms.
Both of them have you work with a hook to knit off of a board that holds
one stitch per peg.

Knitting machines are mechanical looms. Knitting looms are hand looms.

Old July 8th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:41:41 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Iriss" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any loom knitters here?

What's a loom knitter?

Mary

They are commercially produced looms that do the same thing as our
"corking" reels used to do years ago. They are now far more sophisticated
than our sewing reels and more complex too. Take a look at
http://decoraccentsinc.com/ and
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

All the best
Bernadette

Old July 9th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Iriss

On Jul 8, 6:26 pm, Bernadette wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:41:41 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Iriss" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any loom knitters here?

What's a loom knitter?

Mary

They are commercially produced looms that do the same thing as our
"corking" reels used to do years ago. They are now far more sophisticated
than our sewing reels and more complex too. Take a look athttp://decoraccentsinc.com/ and http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

All the best
Bernadette

Thanks for all your excellent replies to my post. That explains it for
me. Take Care, Iris

Old July 9th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

The so called Knitting looms are more known as Knitting planks , or
knitting frames . Modern knitting [mechanical ] machines have a
pattern , amongst the usual knitting patterns
that knits the thread but almost Similes weaving.

In knitting one uses a CONTINUANCE 1 thread to loop one stitch after
another and than loop row after row of stitches.
In weaving , one Forms a pliable plane of threads by INTERLACING
them rectangulary, [quote from Anni Albers]

The contemporary Mercantile method of selling things by Mixing
terminologies , isn`t doing any technique right nore good.
mirjam

Old July 9th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Iriss" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any loom knitters here?

What's a loom knitter?

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

There are straight looms, double-knitting looms, and circular looms. Both
of them have you work with a hook to knit off of a board that holds one
stitch per peg.

Oh I see! In that case so is a corkwool reel with four nails, so is a lucet.

Yes, I've done loom knitting all my life :-)

Mary

Old July 9th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

In knitting one uses a CONTINUANCE 1 thread to loop one stitch after
another and than loop row after row of stitches.
In weaving , one Forms a pliable plane of threads by INTERLACING
them rectangulary, [quote from Anni Albers]

That is how my knitting machine works. I was not speaking about
COMMERCIAL machines, but about HOME machines.

Old July 10th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

My late mopther used to have a knitting machine ,,, i never saw a
knitting machine that CROSSES the threads ?????
I don`t think Knitting or Weaving gain anything by Mixing this
terminologies ....at the end it will be bad for both activities , the
Narrowing down of terminologies isn`t a goods sign.
mirjam

That is how my knitting machine works. I was not speaking about
COMMERCIAL machines, but about HOME machines.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

OT..Loom Knitting Flexible Scarf pattern nzlstar* Quilting 8 June 1st 07 01:05 AM
knitting loom things Stella Fenley Yarn 5 March 28th 06 01:22 AM
knitting loom or jig wanted emma J Marketplace 0 October 26th 05 07:47 PM
DIY knitting rake or loom Slinky Yarn 0 June 17th 04 05:34 PM
Source for cheap knitting board/loom for girl scout troop MaryJLind Yarn 9 December 19th 03 07:13 PM