dollhouse plan

Old November 9th 05, 09:09 AM
Patrick

Default dollhouse plan

Herb, I must say that in my three years of learning by reading in this
newsgroup . . . you have always been there with a tip or link. The other
four that chime in are to be thanked also--good people! I have learned so
much and don't know if anyone ever said thank you, so here is mine. Thank
you. One of these days when I have learned enough to be of any use to
anyone . . . I will add my two-cents worth and hope that it is appreciated
as much as you'all give back. All in time. I still have so much to learn.

Best regards,
Patrick

Support your local Science Olympiad team and future scientist or engineer,
build-n-bust a bridge today.
www.pgbrays.com

"Herb" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

Hi,

I'm searching for a free dollhouse plan to try making a house for my
little doughter.
I 've find a lot of links to a nice "victorian house" at
www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj. But this is no longer free and as i'm
living in Europe buying it is a problem.

I don't understand why being in Europe makes buying something a problem
... Plans can be downloaded. See http://www.dollhousedesigns.com/

Can anyone mail the original plan (from the time it was free) to me?

If you have another 1:12 scale plan and want to mail it to me, i'll
also be happy!

Here's a free downloadable plan-
http://www.kawarthalakesminis.com/BDHcuttingplan2.html

And another (this one's a little different!)
http://wayneofthewoods.com/dollhouse%20plans.html

Googling for
Free Dollhouse Plan
brings them up, but you have to be persistent!

- Herb

Old November 9th 05, 10:31 AM

Hi,

I'm searching for a free dollhouse plan to try making a house for my
little doughter.
I 've find a lot of links to a nice "victorian house" at
www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj. But this is no longer free and as i'm
living in Europe buying it is a problem.

Can anyone mail the original plan (from the time it was free) to me?

If you have another 1:12 scale plan and want to mail it to me, i'll
also be happy!

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

email:

Old November 9th 05, 06:24 PM
Herb

Patrick wrote:

Herb, I must say that in my three years of learning by reading in this
newsgroup . . . you have always been there with a tip or link. The other
four that chime in are to be thanked also--good people! I have learned so
much and don't know if anyone ever said thank you, so here is mine. Thank
you. One of these days when I have learned enough to be of any use to
anyone . . . I will add my two-cents worth and hope that it is appreciated
as much as you'all give back. All in time. I still have so much to learn.

Best regards,
Patrick

You're very welcome.

- Herb

Support your local Science Olympiad team and future scientist or engineer,
build-n-bust a bridge today.
www.pgbrays.com

"Herb" wrote in message
. ..

Old November 10th 05, 08:19 AM
Patrick

So tell me Herb, how long have you been into scale building? What got you
started? What piece are you most proud of and do you have any pictures? So
many questions. Everyday I check this and three other groups: the wreck,
carving, and pics of wood. I do not every recall reading too much or
anything if that, on what drives us in our hobbies or passions.

Kind regards,
Patrick

"Herb" wrote in message
.. .
Patrick wrote:

Herb, I must say that in my three years of learning by reading in this
newsgroup . . . you have always been there with a tip or link. The other
four that chime in are to be thanked also--good people! I have learned
so much and don't know if anyone ever said thank you, so here is mine.
Thank you. One of these days when I have learned enough to be of any use
to anyone . . . I will add my two-cents worth and hope that it is
appreciated as much as you'all give back. All in time. I still have so
much to learn.

Best regards,
Patrick

You're very welcome.

- Herb

Support your local Science Olympiad team and future scientist or
engineer, build-n-bust a bridge today.
www.pgbrays.com

"Herb" wrote in message
. ..

Old November 14th 05, 11:24 AM
Patrick

Why yes, I've always been interested in the pain staking attention to detail
that made miniatures so facinating. I've always wanted to build some
myself, but did not know where to begin so I just started to teach myself
and attend shows when possible to see other peoples work.

regards,
person A

Old November 14th 05, 11:36 AM
Patrick

I didn't know if I could do it myself so I started off with some small test
pieces to see if I could. It was in the challenge of making it perfect in
everyway, but only smaller that drove me to this ancient past time. Since
reading many, many books and searching the web for examples of what others
have done, I have become a true fan of those who do such fine work in
miniature.

My first communiqué on this newsgroup was with a talented man named (name w/
held do to privacy) who turned goblets. I was impressed! I haven't read
much from him though over the last year plus, at not here. A true
inspiration!

Best regards,
person B

Old November 14th 05, 05:34 PM
Patrick

It's pretty bad to talk to yourself on a newsgroup. Any comments out there?

Old November 15th 05, 04:31 AM
Patrick

Thanks Dawn, so do I. It is incredible what can be done in miniature!
There are some incredible works out there.

I was just about to answer myself again when I saw your reply. I hope that
some day you will have another workspace big enough to build another. I
must work in fractional scale to be able to create what I enjoy, although
finding the time is the hardest part.

Have a great day and best regards,
Patrick

Old November 15th 05, 04:45 AM
Dawn

Patrick wrote:

It's pretty bad to talk to yourself on a newsgroup. Any comments out there?

LOL! Hey, at least you're keeping a conversation going.

I haven't done much with my dollhouses since I moved out of a (real)
house big enough to hold a workspace. Some day...

I still like looking at what others have done, though.

Dawn