New Pics

Old March 30th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default New Pics

Hey Guys,

I uploaded photos of new socks and old sweaters today. The sweaters
are a bunch of "1sts", and even though I can now see all the problems,
I still love them. All were made with love for my boys, and were worn
by both of them ( a lot! ).

The socks are already felting. Next time I'll use a wool/acrylic
blend.

Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35043669@N00/

Hesira

Old March 30th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hesira! Your work is GORGEOUS ... and so are your boys! I
disagree that the one sweater's goofy -- I think it's lovely. I am
stunned that the red and white sweater was one of your first -- I can
only hope to get that good! LOL D'ya have the pattern for that
anywhere around still? (hint, hint) Also really love the yoke sweater
-- so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing! Smiles to you,
Eve

Old March 30th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks Eve,

The red & white one was for my 1st son when he was 1 or so. I had to
frog it so many times I lost count. I made another right after it for
my nefew who is 10 days younger than 1stS, with white and red reversed.
It turned out much better, but I have no digital photos of it. The
pattern was from a Family Circle Easy Knitting (which most of these
are). The Issue was Winter 00/01.

I am really pround of the yoke sweater. It looks simple, but it was
harder than any of the others. I just mailed it out to Giles who was
born a week ago Friday.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Hesira

Old March 30th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Hesira,

Wow, for knitting the first time those sweaters are beautiful, I don't
think I would have attempted the red/white to begin with,
congratulations on doing that. At least it didn't scare you off from
knitting other things. The socks are very nice too and the boys are
adorable models.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 30th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

hesira wrote:
Hey Guys,

I uploaded photos of new socks and old sweaters today. The sweaters
are a bunch of "1sts", and even though I can now see all the problems,
I still love them. All were made with love for my boys, and were worn
by both of them ( a lot! ).

The socks are already felting. Next time I'll use a wool/acrylic
blend.

Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35043669@N00/

Hesira

Thanks Hesira,

Your work is beautiful!!!

Thanks for the Pics.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old March 30th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Pamjam,

Thanks for the kind words. I learned to knit purely to make baby
sweaters when I was pregnant, and didn't know in advance what was going
to be hard or easy. But, don't be afraid of making a sweater. Try a
child's or baby one first to get the jist of the construction. Usually
there are only 4 pieces to sew together.

Hesira

Old March 30th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"hesira" skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hey Guys,

I uploaded photos of new socks and old sweaters today. The sweaters
are a bunch of "1sts", and even though I can now see all the problems,
I still love them. All were made with love for my boys, and were worn
by both of them ( a lot! ).

The socks are already felting. Next time I'll use a wool/acrylic
blend.

Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35043669@N00/

Hesira

HOW SWEET, Hesira!
The work too!!
I love the pics!
AUD ;-))

New pics Marlys in Indiana Quilting 9 December 25th 05 07:31 AM
New pics now posted Ann Quilting 12 October 21st 04 01:13 AM
Pics of projects granny Quilting 9 April 30th 04 03:39 PM
Woohoo! New Pics! MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 04:11 PM
new pic up and old pics moved to webshots Kathy in CA Quilting 0 December 6th 03 01:03 AM