Another moebius finished.

Old April 23rd 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Default Another moebius finished.

That is beautiful Bernadette! I am very impressed. I have done a lace
pattern with mohair and it scarred me for life.

LauraJ

"Bernadette" wrote in message

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day to
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

Old April 23rd 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

--

Thank you Laura, that made me chuckle :-D

I know that feeling because I thought I was permanently brain dead by
the time I'd finished it.

However, today I cast on for my son's new sweater which (hopefully)
will be easier to knit.

Old April 23rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Thank you Laura, that made me chuckle :-D

I know that feeling because I thought I was permanently brain dead by
the time I'd finished it.

However, today I cast on for my son's new sweater which (hopefully)
will be easier to knit.

Yes, I experienced that brain dead feeling myself just last night. I need
to rip back 10 rows of the Branching Out lace scarf. Luckily it is not
mohair and the rows are only 25 stitches wide - it if had been otherwise I
may have keeled over right then and there. Good luck with your son's
sweater. It will be a nice change from the lace!

LauraJ

Old April 23rd 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day to
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

Very nice, Bernadette!

BB
Old April 23rd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo
boo. The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a
plain scarf.

Donna

Thanks Donna - nor did I have a clue at first :-(

It meant unpicking back about 2 rows until I got to the place where
the stitches were where they were meant to be. It was a pain because
being a fluffy yarn I had to do it stitch by stitch or the mohair
fibres would have become matted.

It would be easier to do on straight needles, I think, so if you want
the stitch instructions I can let you have them. You would have to
work out how many stitches to cast on in a thicker yarn but that'd be
easy for you to do if you made a test swatch.

Yes please send me the pattern.....I know I have some yarn around here I can
useG

Old April 23rd 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

LOL that's how I was with my first sock....I was wishing the heal flap would
take forever to get to.

Donna

Old April 23rd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Hi Bernadette! What an interesting site!Thank you!!!!
I have allready checked a lot, but here is so much. I have saved it and
look forward to check more!
AUD ;-)

Old April 24th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
[...]

It's on it's way! :-)

Another Moebius Bernadette Yarn 6 April 1st 07 07:34 AM
Knitting a moebius. Bernadette Yarn 59 February 26th 07 11:48 PM
The Original Moebius [email protected] Yarn 13 June 30th 06 07:25 AM
Cat Bordhi's Moebius - Anyone else tried this Jenn Yarn 40 January 25th 06 08:51 PM
moebius? Karen in MN Yarn 19 August 24th 04 08:35 PM