Fabric Gal notes: can anyone figure out what I meant?

Old August 21st 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kratersge

Default Fabric Gal notes: can anyone figure out what I meant?

I took notes during the Eleanor Burns show so I could do a scrappy
Fabric Gal quilt, but I can't make any sense of these instructions that
I took down...

"Cut strips 2.5 & 3.5 inches.Use 4 sets of 2 colors.

Make a kind of wonky 4patch, then do the half triangle things with the
resulting 4.5 by 5.5 rectangles, ending up with 2 block.

Set like pinwheels."

I think I get the 4-patch part; but then how should I cut it to "do the
half triangle things"?? I think if I could figure out how to cut the
four-patch I could get the rest.. It seemed so clear at the time. :-(
I rememver that you end up with 2 blocks that have reverse color values
from each other; but I can't figure out that d** cut!

susan kraterfield
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

Old August 21st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

check www.applewd.com
the august block is still online for free download.
that explains what it sounds to me like you're doing.
i could be wrong but worth a wee check.
increase the view to 400%, yes 4 hundred, so you can see how the lines
across work.
its simple when you see how it works.
hope that helps.
cheers from the sunny south pacific winter,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"kratersge" wrote...

Old August 21st 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marjorie

Susan, how I love your question. I do my notes a bit more thoroughly now
that I'm antique but I have many times had no clue what my notes might have
meant. Let's try this - and do it with scraps, please. Doesn't matter in
deciphering your note what size or color you use but think on this manner:
Lay a 2.5 square of white on top of a 2.5 square of red. Draw a diagonal
line corner-to-corner. Stitch 1/4 " away from the line on one side of the
line, then stitch 1/4" away from the line on the other side. Cut on the
line. That may be what your note means. This will give you 2 half-square
triangles. Polly

Old August 21st 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article et,
"Marjorie" wrote:

Susan, how I love your question. I do my notes a bit more thoroughly now
that I'm antique but I have many times had no clue what my notes might have
meant. Let's try this - and do it with scraps, please. Doesn't matter in
deciphering your note what size or color you use but think on this manner:
Lay a 2.5 square of white on top of a 2.5 square of red. Draw a diagonal
line corner-to-corner. Stitch 1/4 " away from the line on one side of the
line, then stitch 1/4" away from the line on the other side. Cut on the
line. That may be what your note means. This will give you 2 half-square
triangles. Polly

Polly, are you incognito?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

several questions Jacqueline Quilting 25 August 19th 06 06:30 AM
linen fabric [email protected] Quilting 12 June 13th 06 10:42 PM
pure linen fabric [email protected] Yarn 0 December 8th 05 03:59 AM
I pick fabric for first quilt! DJDREVNA Quilting 13 September 18th 04 04:24 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM