questions

Old November 2nd 03, 04:52 PM
enigma

Default questions

ok, 2 questions.
1) i have a pattern for a pullover jumper/sweater that calls
for US 17 needles & super bulky yarn. can i substitute Brown
Sheep bulky & a strand of mohair? the super bulky they show is
a bit thicker than the Brown Sheep i have tons of.

2) anyone know of a free cardigan style women's jumper/sweater
pattern that uses bulky yarn & has some sort of cabling or
texture? i get really bored doing garter & stockinette on
anything bigger than a mitten. i want to make my mom a
sweater, but she can't put on anything pullover due to
arthritis.
lee broke this holiday season but with a large stash of bulky
yarns
Old November 2nd 03, 05:09 PM
Janise Ross

Lee,

I just looked through some of my bookmarked pattern websites and came up
with this pattern. It does call for 3 strands of worsted, but why don't you
knit up a swatch with your yarn and see if the gauge is close.

http://www.thesmartyarns.com/pattern...kknitcard.html

If all else fails, you could try this website. You plug in your information
and get directions for your own designed sweater. Now, I have to tell you,
I have not tried this, so if you do, please let us know if it works.

http://www.knittingfool.com/

Janise

.. .

Old November 2nd 03, 05:23 PM
NoraBalcer

Lee,

Have you done a google search for a pattern? I know there is a new book out
for large size ladies, but the price was higher than I wanted to pay. I think
one of the gals here may know of a site too. I'm not sure I kept it, but will
check. I know what you mean by getting bored with just plain knitting, that's
why I loved making sweaters with lots of bobbins.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 2nd 03, 05:24 PM
enigma

"Janise Ross" wrote in
:

I just looked through some of my bookmarked pattern
websites and came up
with this pattern. It does call for 3 strands of worsted,
but why don't you knit up a swatch with your yarn and see
if the gauge is close.
http://www.thesmartyarns.com/pattern...ickknitcard.ht
ml

hey, thank you! that's a nice pattern. bookmarked & off to
explore the rest of the site

lee
Old November 2nd 03, 05:27 PM
NoraBalcer

Lee,

Here's a site that I got when I did a google search using women's bulky sweater
knit free patterns.http://knitting.about.com/library/blswecardiganpic.htm

HTH,

Nora who is going to look at the ones Janise gave you.
Old November 2nd 03, 05:28 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Janise,

Good thing I can't knit now, or I'd have to run out and get yarn to make that
one and I already have more than enough.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 2nd 03, 05:37 PM
Aud

What a nice pattern, Janice! Thank you!
AUD ;-))

--

"Janise Ross" skrev i melding
Lee,

I just looked through some of my bookmarked pattern websites and came

up
with this pattern. It does call for 3 strands of worsted, but why don't

you
knit up a swatch with your yarn and see if the gauge is close.

http://www.thesmartyarns.com/pattern...kknitcard.html

If all else fails, you could try this website. You plug in your

information
and get directions for your own designed sweater. Now, I have to tell

you,
I have not tried this, so if you do, please let us know if it works.

http://www.knittingfool.com/

Janise

.. .

Old November 2nd 03, 05:43 PM
Karen

"enigma" wrote in message
.. .
ok, 2 questions.
1) i have a pattern for a pullover jumper/sweater that calls
for US 17 needles & super bulky yarn. can i substitute Brown
Sheep bulky & a strand of mohair? the super bulky they show is
a bit thicker than the Brown Sheep i have tons of.

What's the gauge called for, and of the Brown Sheep? Also, How heavy is
your mohair. I started working on a pullover yesterday that called for US
17 needles and super bulky yarn, and in their illustration, they use Brown
Sheep Burly Spun by itself.

I am making mine from that pattern with Cascade Magnum, which I think is
classified as a superbulky (2 sts per inch), with a carry-along thread of
mohair/rayon blend (S. Charles Ritratto). The carry-along doesn't seem to
add anything as far as bulk, or do much to the gauge (I'm just using it for
appearance reasons).

Old November 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Lee,

Sorry I misunderstood what you asked, maybe I need new glasses. You could still
do a google search, or how about checking the Lion Brand website?

Hugs,

Nora