Orvus.

Old May 27th 04, 09:06 PM
Gillian Murray

Default Orvus.

Well, all. I have just returned from my local Ranch/feed store with their
last jug of Orvus. It is just under $20 for 120 ounces, so it will work out
a lot more economical to use than the stuff in a blue jar at the stitchy
stores. The owner said some people even wash their hair in it, so we may try
it on the dogs. Interestingly enough, on the container it DOES mention it's
use in handwashing delicate fabrics, so I guess the secret is out!

Gillian
sweltering in 100deg (shade) temps in Florida.

Old May 27th 04, 10:15 PM
Karen C - California

In article k.net, "Gillian
Murray" writes:

sweltering in 100deg (shade) temps in Florida.

Oh, you poor thing, and you've got the humidity, too.

For once, we are *not* having triple digits this holiday weekend ... we'll be
lucky to get out of the 70s.
--
Finished 5/21/04 - Fireman's Wife
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old May 27th 04, 10:36 PM
Gillian Murray

Thanks Karen

The humidity today DID get as low as 25 about half an hour ago; it starts
each day at around 90%!!

To add insult to injury, I developed conjunctivitis in my right eye last
weekend, two weeks after cataract surgery in that eye. On Tuesday it also
included the left eye, and the area UNDER the right eye is so swollen it
looks like a huge cherry tomato hanging down. Believe me, the heat ain't
helping any. I am still taking the same antibiotic as I did post-op, but
it's not really doing much good as the ophthalmologist says this is a viral
form of pink-eye. Please someone, take me out back and shoot me!! I just
hope DH doesn't get it, as we leave on the 13th for our maritime adventure!!
I don't drive this motorhome; it is a diesel pusher, no gearshift, air stuff
like the 18wheelers, and beyond my limited capabilities. Who'ld want to
drive a 37ft RV, towing a pick-up truck for thousands of miles anyway? It
makes it a small train.LOLOL

Gillian
"Karen C - California" wrote in message
In article k.net,

Old May 27th 04, 11:18 PM
clancy

Oh Gillian - I'll beat you with a wet noodle if you don't stop rubbing in
all those great temperatures. We might've reached 15C today - grey, cloudy,
sprinkling - our poor perennials don't know whether to pop up or drop dead

Sharon (N.B.)
hlink.net...

Old May 27th 04, 11:21 PM
Joan Erickson

Karen C - California wrote:

Oh, you poor thing, and you've got the humidity, too.

For once, we are *not* having triple digits this holiday weekend ... we'll be
lucky to get out of the 70s.

Don't feel bad, Karen. We'll be lucky if we hit the 60s. It's
supposed to rain all weekend.....which it's been doing off & on for the
last 2 weeks! sigh.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old May 27th 04, 11:24 PM
Joan Erickson

Gillian Murray wrote:

The owner said some people even wash their hair in it, so we may try
it on the dogs. Interestingly enough, on the container it DOES mention it's
use in handwashing delicate fabrics, so I guess the secret is out!

Hm, they must have added that recently cuz my jug doesn't have that on
it! Orvus does wonders for my white (technically gray, but she looks
white) horse. If you do use it for your dog, use it sparingly--it
really foams up when rubbed into furry creatures! Haven't yet tried
it on my own hair, though.

Old May 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Gillian Murray

Sharon. love;

I can't grow a damn thing here!! My beautiful Rose for HM's Aniversery
looked gorgeous, and was supposedly on Florida stock. The flowers were
lovely, and beautiful, the buds were petty. Then the little bas***rds got
hit by the evil sun, and they re dying wimps. Sorry, Lucille, but I HATE
FLORIDA!!! Wow, that felt good!!

gillian

Old May 28th 04, 01:39 AM
Lucille

No need to yell at me about it. I HATE FLORIDA too. It's 8:36 and
according to my weather thingy it's 82 degrees with the humidity at 71%. I
never moved here for the weather, that's for sure.

I'm probably one of the few people on earth that looks forward to a cold,
rainy day.

Lucille

ink.net...

Old May 28th 04, 02:05 AM
Alison

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:06:34 GMT, "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

Well, all. I have just returned from my local Ranch/feed store with their
last jug of Orvus. It is just under $20 for 120 ounces, so it will work out
a lot more economical to use than the stuff in a blue jar at the stitchy
stores. The owner said some people even wash their hair in it, so we may try
it on the dogs. Interestingly enough, on the container it DOES mention it's
use in handwashing delicate fabrics, so I guess the secret is out!

Gillian
sweltering in 100deg (shade) temps in Florida.

Viv, my partner who's allergic to fragrances, uses Orvus every day for
her hair and likes how clean her hair feels and how NON-PERFUMED Orvus
is. In fact we have actually USED UP jugs of Orvus.

Alison
Old May 28th 04, 03:23 AM
KDLark

No need to yell at me about it. I HATE FLORIDA too. It's 8:36 and
according to my weather thingy it's 82 degrees with the humidity at 71%. I
never moved here for the weather, that's for sure.

Well! So GO HOME, Y'ALL! ;D!!

I love it here and have loved it here ever since 1958, the year in which I was
born in the Lake City, FL hospital (which soon afterwards burned down, couldn't
take the fame!).

If anyone else isn't scared off by the heat, let me remind you that we have
alligators (one tried to eat a kid recently, but like all Florida kids he knew
to pound it around the head until it let go) monster cockroaches, lots of
snakes, and the hideous "love bugs," who take to the air in a mmmm... conjugal
condition and destroy the paint on all unfortunate cars (read: all cars on the
road) that run into them. And it RAINS. Almost every afternoon. Almost all
summer.

My husband did indeed move here for the weather -- he didn't know me yet. This
summer his family is coming to visit. We might take them up to UF and show
them where the alligator bit that guy's arm off...

All kidding aside, we do like it here. My grandmother's roses didn't do too
well, it's true, but the camillias, the azaleas and the magnolias, the phlox,
the daylilies, etc. -- just beautiful.

Katrina L.